Flooring question: 1 or 2 piece?

I've started my conversion and im looking a saving a bit of money cutting my own ply panels. The van came with a ply floor and i planned to use that as a template or i could just repurpose it and put it back it as its 10mm. Have a couple of questions about it though. Its a two piece floor split down the middle running front to back and has holes cut for the lashing points. So if i use the old floor as a template any suggestions on how best to split the floor as i dont think its possible to get a piece of ply big enough for a one piece floor. All so what do people do about the lashing point?

i dont think its possible to get a piece of ply big enough for a one piece floor.
Yes it is - lots of folks on here have used a single piece of ply for their flooring.

mine came with a floor like yours, two pieces split down the middle, I bought a piece of 8x4 same thickness, then took the old floor out and used it as a template to cut round and then cut one piece of the old floor length ways to fill the gap left and I put this small piece under where the cupboards went so the joint couldnt be seen. The rest of the old floor I didn’t use was cut up for packings over the sound deadening I put on the floor
97AB23BB-0A98-4514-8E30-F2AF21B8CB6E.jpeg20353FB6-1D51-4B48-BFDC-1494BA4A5FB1.jpeg

Hi all,

I've searched the forum but can't find much on this.
Does it really matter if the ply floor is in two pieces instead of one?
In terms of flex it seems any join will be either under the kitchen or under the RIB depending on which way it's cut.

My options for a single piece for a twin slider under £200 seem a bit limited given it's collection only.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I've searched the forum but can't find much on this.
Does it really matter if the ply floor is in two pieces instead of one?
In terms of flex it seems any join will be either under the kitchen or under the RIB depending on which way it's cut.

My options for a single piece for a twin slider under £200 seem a bit limited given it's collection only.

Thanks!
Is Glossop too far for you to travel? @AJCConversions do a single piece ply for £140 takeaway or £200 fitted. They are doing mine next month

Thanks for the reply.

It's a four hour round trip from me. So while I'd be prepared to do so if the benefits over a 2 piece ply floor were obvious, I'm yet to be convinced!

Anybody else have any thoughts?

Mine is 2 piece and you couldn’t tell - can’t see any joins through the vinyl.

One piece would’ve be my preference if offered, but I’m guessing it makes it a much harder job?

Mine is 9mm ply in 3 pieces and it’s not been a problem in over 3 years. The long moon is under all the units and there is a small strip across the rear too. That’s under units. All joins straddle packers so they are pulled level and don’t move.

Back