Little help with towing please guys

Wow! That’s quite an expensive hurdle for younger drivers to overcome, especially as they’re invariably paying top whack for insurance etc.
Yes, it's a lot of dosh for youngsters.
I know a few who did the trailer test as they work in jobs where it's pretty much essential and I suppose it makes them more employable and gives them more employment options.

It is.... Test in Northern Ireland was £66 during week and £110 at weekend I think. @JOG Like you said in earlier post though... Best just to sit! Not worth thinking about consequences of not being covered with license or insurance! What I did learn though is if you have provisional b+e on license can drive as long as you have L plates on with an older driver (pre 1997 license) sat next to you or someone else who has passed b+e or has hgv license etc!
Ah, good. So it is possible to get in some cheaper practice between lessons. Mrs JOG was diagnosed Type 1 diabetes so now gets a new licence every three years. She’s also an old fart but lost her b+e entitlement so can’t tow the caravan anymore - such a pain! (Annoyingly, she could reverse it through a gate!!!)

I think you jumped the gun. The requirements for the B+E test are about to be scrapped :whistle:

HGV driving tests to be relaxed to help lorry driver shortages ahead of Christmas did anyone see this. I know there was a consultation but appears changes afoot!
I’d be burnt if I’d just forked out for a trailer test!
NOT in Northern Ireland just now though..... Might come out, just need ministers in stormont to agree and then no doubt will be bit different!
”just need ministers in stormont to agree”……if the light is bad and I squint a bit, I think I can just about make out the flaw in your argument!!!

Last edited:
Back