Lights On Dash Pulsing (after Flat Battery)

Johnod17

VIP Member
T6 Guru
As above ,I know this is not a T6 but it’s on my T5.1 ,this is after the battery went completely flat.
The center back ground lights behind the rotary dials and the RNS 510 lights are the same,I have lost the heated seats (lights come on then go off) no reverse camera,error no blue tooth device connected although the phone rings in.
I think I have lost factory options ? Have tried to use my VCDS ( hooky version ) but this is playing up.
Any thaughts as all you boys have had T5 vans

I have ordered a genuine Ross Tech to load back in.

Thanks
John

Edit - Confirmed fix :

Reset the BCM by disconnecting BOTH the battery leads and touching them together for a few mins. (capacitive discharge)

then reconnect the leads to the battery and retest . . . . . Be careful not to short out the battery.!

Note: If you have multiple batteries . . . . DISCONNECT ALL OF THEM BEFORE DOING THIS

Last edited:
As above ,I know this is not a T6 but it’s on my T5.1 ,this is after the battery went completely flat.
The center back ground lights behind the rotary dials and the RNS 510 lights are the same,I have lost the heated seats (lights come on then go off) no reverse camera,error no blue tooth device connected although the phone rings in.
I think I have lost factory options ? Have tried to use my VCDS ( hooky version ) but this is playing up.
Any thaughts as all you boys have had T5 vans

I have ordered a genuine Ross Tech to load back in.

Thanks
John
Voltage stabilizer? If there is one --> Stop/start...regen...smart Alternator... Dc-dc Charger For Leisure Battery Or Not?

Full charge the battery overnight then clear all fault codes after battery is charged and vehicle has been run, wouldnt worry about anything until you have at least done that

Thanks boys
I will try this in the morning ,I knew you lot have the answers.
Will let you know when I have done it .
Thanks for the help
This is why the forum matters.
If you have not subscribed this is why you should .

Well you guys are geniuses!!
Did what @Dellmassive says to do and bing bango it worked.
Who would have thought that.

Just got to tell the wife I still need the VCDS as have ordered the genuine version with unlimited vin numbers.
I hope I can repay the the compliment some day with the VCDS.

Top work
thanks
John

Back