Leisure battery not charging

We’ve just bought our first van (t6) a few day ago, and the leisure battery hasn’t charged since we’ve had it. It’s now completely dead, the control panel won’t come on at all. We’re still waiting to hear back from the garage we bought it from but probably won’t until Monday, and we wanted to use it before then.

It has a Sterling battery to battery charger in it, so I assumed it would charge off the starter battery when driving, we’ve done well over 100 miles in the few days we’ve had it. I kept checking the control panel and watched the v slowly go down to nothing. I kept the the leisure power off when we weren't using it of course.

Does anyone have any ideas for quick things to check? Is there something obvious I’ve missed? I’m not really experienced with vehicles but I’ve hired similar vans a couple of times and not had this issue before. Hoping someone can save our weekend plans!

IMG_4739.jpeg

IMG_4740.jpeg

IMG_4742.jpeg

IMG_4759.jpeg

IMG_4761.jpeg

Try plugging in the EHU and making sure the switch on the bottom right of the CB516 (the black battery charger) is turned on. This should charge your battery from the mains. It may not sort the underlying issue but will hopefully get you going for now.

Try plugging in the EHU and making sure the switch on the bottom right of the CB516 (the black battery charger) is turned on. This should charge your battery from the mains. It may not sort the underlying issue but will hopefully get you going for now.
Thanks, that would be good to try. We haven't actually got a hookup cable yet, it didn't come with one! I've just ordered one online.

This is why when it comes to 240v hook ups and 12v leisure battery systems i keep church and state well and truly separate, no complicated systems for this dinosaur lol.

1) Have you removed the panels and checked all the wiring connections?
(Make 6000% sure you're not plugged into the 240v....just saying)
Also check the starter to leisure battery connection.....they may have put a new starter battery on it as a new sale and not connected the live to your whatever split charger/similar system you have.
Hands up I did this to a customer once. Took me 30 seconds to remedy but excited/ stressed customers being what they are, they had already sent me a massive email threatening to sue me lol I swear that's true. (They had the van 12 hours)

2) have you got a multimeter? If so, disconnect your leisure battery and check it .... could just be your battery is genuinely dead.
ALSO ..have you checked your leisure battery terminals are even connected?

3) are there any breakers/ fuses popped or in the 'off' position?

4) Finally.....the ultimate answer... Give it back to the buggers who sold it to you and ask them.

Patience is a virtue.

Errr.... they wanted it sorted over the weekend - 5 months ago! I should think that they are back from their trip by now.:rofl:

Back