LED Headlight retrofit - is it possible?

tara

Hi does anybody know how to change or have changed the standard t6 headlights to xenon?

What headlights do you currently have - H4, H7 or LED?

Oh and welcome to the forum

Do you mean the aftermarket TransporterHQ / Travelin-Lite style headlamps with the LED strip or the OEM LED headlamps with the LED strip and LED bulbs?

Hi it’s the OEM LED headlamps with the LED strip and LED bulbs I will send a picture if that helps to confirm just in case I am incorrect

Hi thank you for Welcome, really appreciated. And the swift reply! The lights are LED
Are you really saying you want to change Factory LED headlights for some aftermarket Xenon?

Or those in the picture are the ones you want to fit?

No, I would like to change the factory Headlights to factory xenon headlights the ones in the picture are the ones I want to fit

Okay, understand. The ones in the picture are LED NOT Xenon (there are no xenon light supplied on the T6)

So your question is "how do I upgrade my factory Halogen headlights to LED"

These lights were taken out of a transporter they have the LED strip and xenon bulbs
What did those cost you, out of curiosity?

If your purchase includes bulbs and power packs, your next step is a loom with the full retrofit including ARB level-sensors, a pentiometer and coding. But that yellow cable looks like some kind of loom, so show us what the other ends look like.

Have a look at @Roberts retrofit:

T6 LED headlight retrofit?

These lights were taken out of a transporter they have the LED strip and xenon bulbs
I think they're all LED as the part number on the module on the rear 7PP 941 571 is an LED Headlight Power Module

Aghhh ok, My partner is the one doing the work he’s convinced they are xenon light bulbs in them
That’s for the link for @roberts I’ll ask him for the bits needed to attempt the job keep your fingers crossed for me! Lol

You must of paid strong money for those LED headlights, not to mention they rarely come up for sale. These are around a £2500 upgrade when you order a T6.

Welcome to the forum @tara

Everything is LED except indicator;)

I know, how daft is that :confused:

Aghhh ok, My partner is the one doing the work he’s convinced they are xenon light bulbs in them
That’s for the link for @roberts I’ll ask him for the bits needed to attempt the job keep your fingers crossed for me! Lol
@tara how is the retrofit coming along?

I know this has been asked before but the posts I can find are pretty old so can anybody help.

I really want to fit the oem led lights but they are around 2k from what I’ve found however is it straight forward or do I need to rewire and vcds. I’ve seen the transporterhq ones at a fraction of the price but worried about them at night not being much better then the h4s (so I’ve read)

please help

I know this has been asked before but the posts I can find are pretty old so can anybody help.

I really want to fit the oem led lights but they are around 2k from what I’ve found however is it straight forward or do I need to rewire and vcds. I’ve seen the transporterhq ones at a fraction of the price but worried about them at night not being much better then the h4s (so I’ve read)

please help
They’re not plug and play - rewire (somewhat) and VCDS.

The posts are old but nothing much about the actual retrofit has changed.

Back