KPH to MPH

Ragadyman

upload_2019-7-20_12-30-39.jpeg
Does anyone know how to change this kph to mph?
In settings I’ve set to mph but this still reads kph??
Please help.

View attachment 47376
Does anyone know how to change this kph to mph?
In settings I’ve set to mph but this still reads kph??
Please help.
Yep, you need either Carista or VCDS in order to carry out the change. This is because it takes changing it to Australian settings to make the MFD function correctly for the MPH bizarrely enough.
With the kit it’s less than a 5 minute job.
Don’t bother asking your local vw commercial centre though as they don’t have a clue. When I first got my van and asked this question I got two answer:-
1. “The master tech says it is impossible”.
2. “It’s for safety reasons so that if you travel in Europe you have a km/h view”. I did point out that I didn’t spend £35k for my dash to show km/h on the off chance that I may actually spend a single week travelling in Europe during the several years that i’ll own it and travel on UK roads. Also pointed out that that was what the grey numbers on the outside of the analogue speedometer were for. No answer to this. They must think we are feking stooooopid.

Well it is possible, you just need to have the kit to do it.

Yep, you need either Carista or VCDS in order to carry out the change. This is because it takes changing it to Australian settings to make the MFD function correctly for the MPH bizarrely enough.
With the kit it’s less than a 5 minute job.
Don’t bother asking your local vw commercial centre though as they don’t have a clue. When I first got my van and asked this question I got two answer:-
1. “The master tech says it is impossible”.
2. “It’s for safety reasons so that if you travel in Europe you have a km/h view”. I did point out that I didn’t spend £35k for my dash to show km/h on the off chance that I may actually spend a single week travelling in Europe during the several years that i’ll own it and travel on UK roads. Also pointed out that that was what the grey numbers on the outside of the analogue speedometer were for. No answer to this. They must think we are feking stooooopid.

Well it is possible, you just need to have the kit to do it.
So do all T6 come in digital kph??

It should also be pointed out that the MPH speedo is a larger digital display added to the list of things in the MFD. So you get to it by scrolling through your mpg, journey time, distance etc. The little KPH is replaced with the outside temperature.

Hi guys,

Not sure if I’m missing anything in the menu (pretty sure I’m not) but is there any way you can change the digital speed reading from KM/H to MPH? Picture attached for reference.

I’ve checked all the menus but can’t find anything that relates?

33280BDA-8E70-4916-99EA-E77602D41ADF.jpeg

You can get the Carista dongle and change the settings so you have large MPH displayed, but you can’t change the small one unfortunately.

Amazon m8 £15 i paid for mine...give it a google

Thanks guys,

Is it this device? A lot of different ones come up. Also, after the free trail is up, I assume the settings on the vehicle aren’t affected, just the functionality of the Carista device?

I wonder if this can make my mirrors fold up on single locking of the van, not the long press and hold?

CF8F93A7-A0AC-421E-8F6B-66D178C99D34.jpeg

Thanks guys,

Is it this device? A lot of different ones come up. Also, after the free trail is up, I assume the settings on the vehicle aren’t affected, just the functionality of the Carista device?

I wonder if this can make my mirrors fold up on single locking of the van, not the long press and hold?

View attachment 47752

Nothing will change after the free trail, you just won't be able to change anything else - except a couple of things that you can change for free

It is not possible to have your mirrors fold with a single press unless you fit a separate module like the one form Travelin-lite

I used it to change a few settings with the 30 day free trial, the video above is a very good description and what made me buy one.

Nothing will change after the free trail, you just won't be able to change anything else - except a couple of things that you can change for free

It is not possible to have your mirrors fold with a single press unless you fit a separate module like the one form Travelin-lite
Thanks for the helps guys,
I’ve ordered the Carista so see how we get on there.

I’ll try and find the extra module for the power fold on locking as I live on a street whereby wing mirrors often fall victim to the specially unaware.!

Thanks for the helps guys,
I’ve ordered the Carista so see how we get on there.

I’ll try and find the extra module for the power fold on locking as I live on a street whereby wing mirrors often fall victim to the specially unaware.!

This is the one, but they’re sold out at the moment. T6 Power Folding Mirror Upgrade on Remote

It doesn’t take long to get used to doing a long press to lock though :thumbsup:

Well, got everything sorted apart from folding mirrors on one press. Well chuffed.

Thanks guys! Digital speedo sorted, locking on drive away, unlock on switch off!

Do Carista release further updates that allow you to do more in future?

While we're on the subject, there is a (relatively) easy
way to convert km to miles in your head. (I'm now thinking
of distances when driving in Europe). Halve the km value
then add a 1/4. So 8km becomes 4 + 1 = 5miles.

Back