Digital Display missing MPH

Trystan1987

Hi. Just joined the T6 family and got my first van. It’s just been converted from a commercial vehicle to a camper and I’ve noticed that when I select to see MPH on the digital display above the vehicle. It’s just blank (- - -). Do I have to enable it or is this a fault.

Any advice I would really appreciate

Whether or not you can have the big digital speedo depends on which clocks you have.

Do you have analogue fuel and temperature dials within the speedo and rev counter, or just the digital bar graph fuel display in the centre of the dash?

If it's the latter, you can't configure the big digital MPH. The - - - you can see is the speed warning function. You can set it to warn if you go over a certain speed.

Yeh. I’m starting to feel that’s the case. Can the clock be upgraded to newer ones that can accommodate. Or does anyone have any tips on how to buff this thing up in the interim

You need to have the Highline cluster, but it's not just a case of a straight swap. The cluster talks to the ECU and immobiliser so will need to be coded to work and for the van to start. Also, I'm pretty sure you need a multifunction steering wheel to access all of the functions of the Highline cluster.

@Dav-Tec Can you give Trystan some options?

You definitely need the highline cluster which will need reprogramming with your keys etc. as it houses the immobiliser too. VCDS job for that and change speedo display…. then I guess you can access the menus via wiper stalk buttons if you have those rather than a MFSW. If not then treat yourself to the whole new cockpit!! Welcome to the world of never ending things to spend money on!!!

For removing the scratches or at least some of them then you could try polywatch. I used it to remove most of mine, made a big difference.

Amazing. Thank you all. I’m in the process of finding a new steering wheel with controls and doing the head into at the same time. Looks like new clocks are on the cards too.

Clocks need programming with ODIS, we have this and can certainly help

So to have the set up you're wanting you'll want a set of highline clocks, stalks with MFD controls or MFSW. Do you have cruise control? Might be worth installing that too whilst you have that area apart (1 wire needs to be installed to the ebox under the battery in the engine bay too but you'll be mostly there already with the steering wheel off etc)

Your best bet would be to have this done via someone with genuine ODIS as mentioned by Dav-Tec. Where are you based?

FYI: You can have used clocks installed but check with the company you're using for the immobiliser work as some have restrictions when installing used parts, I know I do.

ODIS doesn't do mileage correction but again, the company you use may be able to do this too if they have the relevant tools.

Thanks for all the advice. I’ve been looking at cruise control tbh. I’m based in south wales. Ideally. The plan is to replace the steering wheel,clocks. Add cruise control. Update the head unit with a steering wheel compatible one. Add front sensors and a reversing camera. Not a lot I know. Ha.

I have the same in my wife’s van and we managed to get them to display digital mph it’s just smaller than on the high lines
You do it the same way as you do on the highline ones which is what I have in my work van
Only difference is using the button on the clocks on the bottom left
And setting your country using vcds to Australia and from memory you follow the same steps as you do with them
then scroll though using the button on the stalk and you should have mph

Back