Kombi 3rd Row - Bench Seat Install

Plumbwise

Looking at putting a 3rd row bench seat in the rear of my factory kombi, am I right in thinking the rear seat belts are specific to the rear or are they the same as the 2nd row seat belts with the extra roof mounting bar??

I removed 2nd and 3rd row. From what I can tell the seat belts are different. I think you do need rear ones for the rear, 2nd row for the 2nd row. I have the 3 seater bench with rear 3rd row belts. The seat can go in the 2nd row but the seat belts will need to be changed.

the seat belts are I believe the same, the only difference is the 3rd row has an extra latching piece that fits to the top mount of the belt. This is to bring the height of the belt down to ensure correct placement accross the chest and not over someones face.
My 3rd row seat and belts came out of the second row of a Kombi, hence why I believe the belts are the same.... just need a few extra parts to make it fit for purpose as a 3rd row.
I'll take a pic and show you.

3rd row are specific.
I might be wrong, but I think the end plate and the retracter are mounted higher up on the 3rd row relative to the second row, so even if you could fit them, the belt will be very slack and not retract fully. However, you would not be able to fit the roof extender bar easily. LWB 3rd row might be different again due to location of wheel arch relative to seat position, and therefore the mounting height for hardware.

I'm looking to order a couple of seat belts to fit for a 2nd row triple bench. Does anyone know what length they need to be?

Thanks

Hoping for a bit of help from someone with a 2nd row of seats that are the single 3-seat bench type.

How easy is it to put in and out? The 1+2 looks kind of manageable but what about the 3-seat bench.

Have I got any chance of doing it on my own?

TIA.

Wouldn't recommend it, two people would be much better.
I think the worst bit is that once unclipped, its unbalanced and awkward to hold combined with the weight makes it a struggle. That said I have done it on my own but wouldn't do it again nearly dropped it

I can do it on my own, but it's tricky, and if you get it slightly wrong you can damage your van and yourself.

I'm just about to look into this..I have the belts and metal arms buy do I need brackets to fit them to the actual van top and bottom?..if so what and where from does anyone know..I've just bought these but unsure if I actually need them yet

Screenshot_2022-05-09-16-20-10-985_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Back