Shuttle seat configuration

Hi guys back again after looking into the potential of a ford tourneo, however the wet belt terrified me , now back to sense and exploring the shuttle does anyone know if the rear bench allows for any single seat to be fitted in its place or if new mounts can be fitted to allow 1x single to be fitted in the 3rd row on the driver's side , we have a very specific need for seats a certain way

Hi guys back again after looking into the potential of a ford tourneo, however the wet belt terrified me , now back to sense and exploring the shuttle does anyone know if the rear bench allows for any single seat to be fitted in its place or if new mounts can be fitted to allow 1x single to be fitted in the 3rd row on the driver's side , we have a very specific need for seats a certain way
A standard Shuttle will allow the middle single seat to be moved back and go in to the middle position on the 3rd row. If you want to put a single seat off to the side then you will need to put in extra floor mounts which can be done.

What seats does your shuttle have now? And what do you want to achieve (how many belted seats and where)?

I’m pretty sure the outer single seats from row two will not fit in row three as they clash with the wheel arches - there have been posts on the topic before.

I’ve done quite a bit of research on seat / bracket permutations on the SWB floor pan so might be able to advise.

I don't currently have one just looking into wether it can be made possible, ideally looking at 3 individual in the 2nd row with option to remove the seat behind the 1st row passenger to be able to access the rear area without tilting seats etc, then ideally a seat in the 3rd on the driver's side leaving large space hope this makes sense

From my understanding shuttles are either 8 or 9 seaters

9 seater is driver, twin front passenger, row two is 3 singles (12 floor brackets) and row three triple bench (4 floor brackets)

8 seater is the same except single front passenger seat.

The single seat in row 2 (middle seat) has the same floor bracket spacing as the triple bench in row 3.

It would definitely be the 8 seater version of be looking for , wonder if I could perhaps resell the bench or swap for a middle if I go down this route , hmm

I bought a middle seat for mine in 2019 and the prices have doubled to circa £900 for a new one - crazy!

My suggestion would be to try and get a row 2 kombi double seat and use the original single middle seat in row 3. Sell the bench and possibly the RHS row 2 single. Only downside is that the kombi double doesnt tilt to allow passenger access to the back from the drivers side. A double will fit the floor brackets where there are three singles and leave 4 brackets unused.

Also not sure on fabric types between Kombi and Shuttle whether you’ll get a match.

In hindsight I’d keep the RHS single so if you ever sell the Shuttle you have all matching seats and a kombi double to dispose of.

Another (minor) decision is whether to remove the row 3 surplus seatbelts and sell with the bench seat. One to ponder!

Bench seats are easier to come by so less reason to keep it!

We have a Shuttle T6 8 seater. I seen it on another thread, where you put the rear triple bench in the middle row of seats, then the central single seat in the final row and that worked a treat. Gave a bit of additional space and the vital 6th seat.

Back