Sorry to jump in. I ordered a new T6.1 T32 Kombi in December 2020 and have finally been given a delivery date of mid-November this year. Very excited now but need to sort out the suspension and wheels. I'd like to go for 50mm lowering and for the wheels it's got to be Judd 20" T311R in gloss black but I really don't understand wheel offsets. I love the concave design of the wheel but can I get away with 10.5" on the rear and 9.5" on the front?

Sorry to jump in. I ordered a new T6.1 T32 Kombi in December 2020 and have finally been given a delivery date of mid-November this year. Very excited now but need to sort out the suspension and wheels. I'd like to go for 50mm lowering and for the wheels it's got to be Judd 20" T311R in gloss black but I really don't understand wheel offsets. I love the concave design of the wheel but can I get away with 10.5" on the rear and 9.5" on the front?
Welcome to the world of wheels, tyres and offset. Offset is key.

Best place to start is here:

Find out your current standard wheel, tyre size and offset then type in what you want or what’s on offer this will show you what it will look like.

You wont be disappointed with the way these wheels look. I bought them off Jayjmac and had them fitted at the same time as my new suspension which dropped it around 60mm. The specs are 9 et38 and 10.5 et43, and I am using the tyres that came with the wheels which have a 35% profile, 235mm and 255mm respectively. There has been no rubbing at all although the tyres are not load rated. Will have to go to a 40% profile for that. Depending where you are, I recommend speaking to Steve at CRS performance in Cannock. A friend has the 6.1 on B14s and rates my T6 dropped on KW STX's an all round improved ride. :cool:

You wont be disappointed with the way these wheels look. I bought them off Jayjmac and had them fitted at the same time as my new suspension which dropped it around 60mm. The specs are 9 et38 and 10.5 et43, and I am using the tyres that came with the wheels which have a 35% profile, 235mm and 255mm respectively. There has been no rubbing at all although the tyres are not load rated. Will have to go to a 40% profile for that. Depending where you are, I recommend speaking to Steve at CRS performance in Cannock. A friend has the 6.1 on B14s and rates my T6 dropped on KW STX's an all round improved ride. :cool:
Thanks Booshan, I love the look of this wheel, particularly the concave design on the wider rim, but the question of offsets still confuses me. Do you know whether a 9.5" would work on the front to try to retain as much of the concave style as possible?

Thanks Booshan, I love the look of this wheel, particularly the concave design on the wider rim, but the question of offsets still confuses me. Do you know whether a 9.5" would work on the front to try to retain as much of the concave style as possible?
I would have thought that for a 9.5 on the front you would want an ET45, or thereabouts. Technically it might work; Oli @BognorMotors is probably your man for a more accurate answer.

I'd be conscious of calliper clearance - this is a 9.5 ET40 on the rear, and there's not a whole lot of room to spare

IMG_7389.jpeg
IMG_7388.jpeg

I would have thought that for a 9.5 on the front you would want an ET45, or thereabouts. Technically it might work; Oli @BognorMotors is probably your man for a more accurate answer.

I'd be conscious of calliper clearance - this is a 9.5 ET40 on the rear, and there's not a whole lot of room to spare

View attachment 131205
View attachment 131206
Ok, thanks but this raises another question (you can tell I don't understand this stuff... yet). If the wheel is wider and has a deeper concave profile which leaves the hub at a steeper spoke angle does it not clear the calliper more quickly than a flatter profile? Have you goy 9.5's all round? Do you have any long shots of the van which show the way the 9.5's look?

Ok, thanks but this raises another question (you can tell I don't understand this stuff... yet). If the wheel is wider and has a deeper concave profile which leaves the hub at a steeper spoke angle does it not clear the calliper more quickly than a flatter profile? Have you goy 9.5's all round? Do you have any long shots of the van which show the way the 9.5's look?
A flatter profile allows the wheel to have a deeper centre bore, thereby giving more calliper clearance. As seen on the 9, again with ET40
IMG_7392.jpegIMG_7393.jpeg

In case you hadn't guessed, i have 9 and 9.5 on mine
IMG_6731.jpeg
Edit: good illustration of 9.5 concavity
IMG_6037.jpeg

Last edited:
A flatter profile allows the wheel to have a deeper centre bore, thereby giving more calliper clearance. As seen on the 9, again with ET40
View attachment 131211View attachment 131212

In case you hadn't guessed, i have 9 and 9.5 on mine
View attachment 131218
Edit: good illustration of 9.5 concavity
View attachment 131223
Thanks so much for your helpful advice, it really is a minefield. Great photos, the van looks stunning on these wheels. Just about the perfect ride height for my tastes too, how low have you gone?

Hi Oli, thanks very much for your input, so I'm thinking with a T32 I'm restricted to 9" on the front. With say 50mm lowering would you then go 9.5" or 10.5" on the rear? Can I get away with 275/40 R20 tyres?
We go 9 on the front and 10.5 on the rear. And I would go 275/35 for up to T30 and 265/40 for T32. We stay away from the 275/40

We have most colours of the Judds in stock for immediate delivery if you need any pricing just shout.

Thanks so much for your helpful advice, it really is a minefield. Great photos, the van looks stunning on these wheels. Just about the perfect ride height for my tastes too, how low have you gone?
Thanks. I think I’m about 375-380mm arch to wheel centre

We go 9 on the front and 10.5 on the rear. And I would go 275/35 for up to T30 and 265/40 for T32. We stay away from the 275/40

We have most colours of the Judds in stock for immediate delivery if you need any pricing just shout.
This is all brilliant, thanks again. I'll get in touch to discuss prices and tyre options once I have a confirmed delivery date.

Thanks. I think I’m about 375-380mm arch to wheel centre
Thanks again... getting very excited about the new van now

Hi Oli,

The van is a T32. Looking back at the thread I'm a bit nervous about going 10.5" on the rear because of the tight clearance to the inside wheel arch.
I think I want to go for the Judd T311R. 20" gloss black. 9" on the front, 9.5" on the rear. From what I've read this seems to be the safest option.
I still need advice on the correct offsets, I like the idea of filling the arches but without the risk of any rubbing. I assume if you get the offset wrong it will throw the wheel too far out?
Can these wheels be supplied with Judd and VW centre caps?
I'm told I also need T32 load rated tyres.
I do like the 275_40/20 tyre though. Why do you stay away from this wider profile?
How do I go about getting an idea of price and availability for these please?

Thanks.

Hello

The 10.5 works perfectly on the back - There is loads of room in the back arch, even when fully lowered - The issue we've had recently with the 9.5 is availability - There were none - I've emailed Judd now.
The 275/40 is too big for the transporter, and can/will rub dependant on height - The 265/40 is correctly rated and works when lowered.
Either Dm me directly on here with your contact details or use the contact form on the website - We can advise pricing and correct offset

@U_me&Wilson Judds available from next week with the 9.5 rear in the following colours - Just had this confirmed

Matt Gunmetal

Matt Black

Gloss Black

Argent Silver

@U_me&Wilson Judds available from next week with the 9.5 rear in the following colours - Just had this confirmed

Matt Gunmetal

Matt Black

Gloss Black

Argent Silver

Matt Gunmetal

Matt Black

Gloss Black

Argent Silver
Gloss black please
Here is a pic of the clearance 10.5..View attachment 132419
Many thanks, I see that it fits but it's very close. I can see how a 275 tyre might be a problem.

Back