its got to be said... Cali handbrake for the win

bullracing

VIP Member
T6 Guru
One of the best mods so far is the Grand California handbrake.
You lift it up then let go and it drops to the floor while still being engaged. Allows you to swivel the seat so much easier.

Yes yes, I know all you posh gits with dsg can just put it in Park but for those without this is a game changer :thumbsup:
:D

One of the best mods so far is the Grand California handbrake.
You lift it up then let go and it drops to the floor while still being engaged. Allows you to swivel the seat so much easier.

Yes yes, I know all you posh gits with dsg can just put it in Park but for those without this is a game changer :thumbsup:
:D
Any pics and idea of cost? Sounds very interesting

My part number above is for a RHD, I expect they are handed. That is the only part you need unless you dont have the bottom plastic, I had to add that but done that ages ago.

2N0711303A82V

Cost about £140, direct replacement, 3 nuts to undo and do back up.

not my video but it shows you what it does.
That should be standard. So helpful without swivelling seats.

If someone replaces their T6 handbrake with one of these maybe they would be helpful by posting fitting instructions or a video?

Although I’ve got a DSG, the Mrs hates that slight movement that is still there in Park. The handbrake eliminates that, but can’t be used when the drivers seat is rotated, so this would be a great solution for us - if it worked on the Transporter…
(I also read this with interest until @bobbybasic ‘s response to @Deaky !)

Back