ISS and Space-related discussion

Interesting, Bezos has talked about climate change and carbon emissions, but I assume the rocket launch isn't great for the environment.
The rocket itself burns hydrogen and oxygen so the exhaust is water vapour.

SpaceX Inspiration 4 crew launch currently live with lift off at 1am. The crew will orbit the earth for 3 days and then reenter and splashdown.

Is it visible from the UK then? Spent 3 nights last week in Salisbury watching the night sky. Amazing how many satilites there are when the skys clear and no moon.

Now thats a real trip into space. Not like the joke bezos and branson efforts.
:thumbsup: I used to work on space stuff, the difference between flying up and coming back down vs a proper mission is night and day.

Just doing what branson and bezos have done is still unbelievable, space is hard, really hard.

:thumbsup: I used to work on space stuff, the difference between flying up and coming back down vs a proper mission is night and day.

Just doing what branson and bezos have done is still unbelievable, space is hard, really hard.
I take the point you make, but is anything really hard when you are a billionaire?

Tonight starts a run of ISS passes over the UK.
Tonight.. 20:41 .. incredibly bright

Tomorrow.. 19:54 .. incredibly bright

Which direction should we look? Right now there is a stunning moon moving towards south

Back