Is this Campervan worth the advertised price?

But would you choose a 102 over something more pokey if you had the choice before buying?

If there's not much difference in the rest of the build I mean.
I’ve driven a 150 and it was nice but it was a 500 mile T6.1 shuttle, so lighter than mine.

I guess if everything else was equal (including the price, but we all know it wouldn’t be) I’d go for more power, but I’m rarely in a hurry in my van as it’s not my daily.

Last edited:
Personally yes
Nothing wrong with 5 speed just expect 6 or 7 gears when your sticking 30-40k into a van realistically " DQ500 box for me can handle phenomenal amounts of torque if you ever decide to do any tuning not a stupid map file with sensor trickery, real tuning ! Darkside!!!

Why would anyone feel the need to tune a campervan to that extent? My lad has a Darkside tuned Fabia VRS that makes over 250 horsepower. A bit overkill for for pootling around, looking out for a quiet spot for a cup of tea and a snooze.

Saying that, if a dealer had similar vans at similar prices, but one was a 102 and the other a 150, I'm not sure I'd understand why someone would prefer to buy the 102.

Why would anyone feel the need to tune a campervan to that extent? My lad has a Darkside tuned Fabia VRS that makes over 250 horsepower. A bit overkill for for pootling around, looking out for a quiet spot for a cup of tea and a snooze.

Saying that, if a dealer had similar vans at similar prices, but one was a 102 and the other a 150, I'm not sure I'd understand why someone would prefer to buy the 102.
Maybe over 50 mid life crisis and im just wanting to live life your son picked the best tuning in the land you have brought him up well ! Maybe ask him the question why did he pick darkside from the mass array of so called tuners ? Be interesting question

I said "similar vans at similar prices"

It's all hypothetical, but if the option was there, why would you choose the lower powered version?

Maybe over 50 mid life crisis and im just wanting to live life your son picked the best tuning in the land you have brought him up well ! Maybe ask him the question why did he pick darkside from the mass array of so called tuners ? Be interesting question

He bought someone else's project for not much money.

Might be to do with where you live in the country as well, round here if you can't keep up with the traffic it gets very tedious very quick.

My other car is a 1.6d Volvo v50 and it's horrible to drive cos it's so slow to react it just gets on your nerves.

At the risk of thread drift (apologies to the OP) power ain’t always about speed. We have a 204psDSG it rarely, if ever goes over 65mph (ACC is a wonderful thing). It’s a t32 with full conversion & we tow a 1900kg boat. There’s no way would our setup be useable with anything less than 150ps on tap. People use power in different ways.
Just sayin’

At the risk of thread drift (apologies to the OP) power ain’t always about speed. We have a 204psDSG it rarely, if ever goes over 65mph (ACC is a wonderful thing). It’s a t32 with full conversion & we tow a 1900kg boat. There’s no way would our setup be useable with anything less than 150ps on tap. People use power in different ways.
Just sayin’
I quite regularly get overtaken on the Autoroutes by speedboats, big camping trailers, caravans etc doing well in excess of 80mph (mostly Belgians !)
Then again, I just bimble along at 65 enjoying the ambiance and joie de vivre...
...just saying

Doesn’t sound too extortionate with all those add ons.

Mine came to around 50k for 2019 high line with 13k miles with full pop top Conversion (hob, sink, fridge, oven), diesel heater, solar panel, shower attachment (cold) DSG 7 speed and a top half wrap and roof design.

Why would you choose the higher powered one ?
Powerrrrrr.

In all fairness, I’ve owned a 1.9 5sp T5, a 204 DSG T6 and a 150 DSG T6.1. A lot of folks complain that the 5sp gearbox is weak, but that’s probably because they’ve been tuned to within an inch of their life. My 5sp box lasted 173k miles. The 5sp drives nicely, I prefer it to the 6sp manual.

Hi all, where would be the best place to value my T6 campervan conversion? Happy to post the specs somewhere if I know I'll receive a realistic valuation.

Thanks.

Is this for insurance purposes, or are you selling ?

Pete

Back