Is this Campervan worth the advertised price?

Hi - it's a 2019 Volkswagen Transporter 2.0 TDI BMT 102 Startline manual. Converted by Camperking. Don't think there's any additional upgrades? Thanks
Camper King is a bit of a Marmite brand. I looked at them when we were doing our research & thought they were awful. People who have bought them love them (obviously :whistle:). If you are just starting out on your campervan journey, I wouldn’t rush in. See what else is out there before parting with your hard earned. There’re much better vans out there, trust me.

I don't know Camperkings conversions but they must be very very good at 44k for that base model.
Mine is a 2019 102 Trendline, so slightly better spec....aircon, tailgate, captains chairs and I paid 22k Inc VAT in 2020.
I've had it lined, insulated, all electrics done, added extras to take it nearer to Highline (mfsw, front fogs etc) and added basic practical professionally made furniture. No pop top.....I'd happily sell for £35k
I don't know Camperkings conversions but they must be very very good at 44k for that base model.
Mine is a 2019 102 Trendline, so slightly better spec....aircon, tailgate, captains chairs and I paid 22k Inc VAT in 2020.
I've had it lined, insulated, all electrics done, added extras to take it nearer to Highline (mfsw, front fogs etc) and added basic practical professionally made furniture. No pop top.....I'd happily sell for £35k
Thanks for reply. It's a fully finished and converted van with pop up roof. From my own research it seems to be in the ball park price wise. Not looking at doing a conversion myself.

Thanks for reply. It's a fully finished and converted van with pop up roof. From my own research it seems to be in the ball park price wise. Not looking at doing a conversion myself.
Sounds like you have already answered your own question then.....

For me, at that price, I’d want more than a start line. Especially if it has no aircon or mfsw or rear parking sensors. These are all things that I think you’d want to add, and at £44k I’d want them already there.
Then of course can you live with the 5 spd box and 102bhp?
Also is it a T28 and so could be near to its weight limit depending on conversion and how many people you want to carry in it.
I’m not trying to pee on your parade, but look at driving the van long term, not just the conversion.

Sounds like you have already answered your own question then.....
Was just looking for the thoughts of people who've bought / sold ones before. There's still quite a bit of variations in prices (a few grand) for similar models, age, mileage etc...

Was just looking for the thoughts of people who've bought / sold ones before. There's still quite a bit of variations in prices (a few grand) for similar models, age, mileage etc...
As @Bigsidavies says, I'd want more bang for my buck on the base vehicle.....I was pointing out that the next step up, a Trendline, would give you more, especially in the configuration I got, not suggesting you did your own conversion. There has been a few vehicles on this Forum up for sale which, IMHO, would offer a better proposition.

For me, at that price, I’d want more than a start line. Especially if it has no aircon or mfsw or rear parking sensors. These are all things that I think you’d want to add, and at £44k I’d want them already there.
Also is it a T28 and so could be near to its weight limit depending on conversion and how many people you want to carry in it.
I’m not trying to pee on your parade, but look at driving the van long term, not just the conversion.
Hi - does have Aircon, MFSW, DAB, cruise control, parking sensors and conversion includes a diesel heater, twin hobs and grill, fridge, electric pack. As mentioned first venture into buying one and any guidance appreciated. Ta

Good advice

Reactions: Ozi
Hi - does have Aircon, MFSW, DAB, cruise control, parking sensors and conversion includes a diesel heater, twin hobs and grill, fridge, electric pack. As mentioned first venture into buying one and any guidance appreciated. Ta
Do you have a link for it?

As I’ve said on a previous post these company’s are just converting basic vans with pretty basic conversions and are charging ludicrous prices! You will be hard to find a good spec base van converted un less someone’s bought one and paid for it to be converted them selves like many people have! @Dreamer please don’t take these comments personally every ones just trying to point you in right direction as it’s serious money we’re talking about! These company’s are just cashing in on the current situation of people wanting to buy ready converted campers! Basic start line van £20k ish no more than 10k to do work them selves banging them out at £40k-£50k why would they start off with a high line less profit for them!

In that case it’s a well-specced base van and deffo has all the stuff that you need to make driving enjoyable.
As much as a nice conversion attracts your attention, as a camper you need to be happy driving the miles. We are doing Norway for 5 weeks this year and driving 7000 miles you’ve got to enjoy the drive.
I’d say it’s a contender with that spec, but as others have said look around at others and see what forum members are selling.
But of course if you’re happy with the van the. You don’t want to miss out either.

Perhaps this is not a startline then?

In that case it’s a well-specced base van and deffo has all the stuff that you need to make driving enjoyable.

Not too sure on that as it's still only a 102 with 5sp box

The link above to starlightcampers shows some decent ones that would take my preference!

But would you choose a 102 over something more pokey if you had the choice before buying?

If there's not much difference in the rest of the build I mean.

Back