Is this Campervan worth the advertised price?

samm

Tomorrow I might be buying a T6 Camper - I have an option on two at the moment - with viewing; A Startline 2018 (with AC from what I can see in the pictures) and the other a 2017 Highline. From a camper point of view (and I am more clued up in the camper side of things) both are professional converstions (RedLine and Camper King) there are + & - with both. The start line has a great bed and underslung water tank freeing up space. the 2017 is a brand new converstion.
What would you go for?

Needs more details or links....
....all depends on your priorities.
For me, it was aircon, tailgate and economy and I ended up with a 2019 T28 Trendline 102. Perfect for me.

All depends on your circumstances and needs. Don't be too starry-eyed about a 'professional' conversion without examining everything very carefully, there are plenty of 'professional' bodgers about.

Tell us more about the two that you have on offer and what your needs are then maybe someone can help.

Need links and more info on the conversation.
What engine, mileage, gearbox etc?
Go for whichever suits your needs. I wouldn’t worry about the age of either

Thanks all - took it on board, and went for the Highline - AirCon and TailGate and the brand new conversion swung it. The Startline had Ac added, but the drivers view was frankly a bit dated - the snazy steering wheel on the highline and buttons swung it :)

Reactions: CAB
Mine has but I think they were an option. As I think were auto lights and wipers.

I am afraid I have no idea - it's a 2017 LWB HighLine; suspect if they came as standard then yes, if they were an option then no.

Can you post a photo of the front of the van? Easy enough to spot what lights it has.

Hi - we're looking at buying a 2019 T6 (SWB) just under 10K mileage with a Camperking Monte Carlo conversion which comes with a new 12 month MOT and seller warranty. Seller looking for 44K and was wondering if this is a fair price as there's a lot of price variation in the market and thoughts about wiggle room with pricing. Also is a habitation certificate / check something that is required on an ongoing basis in addition to vehicle servicing and advice re costs would be very helpful? Thanks V much.

Back in Feb I paid £46k for my 2019 T6 SWB Highline with 18k on the clock (also 12 month warranty, road tax and MOT)

Thanks for reply. Did you haggle, any joy? Also wondering if a habitation certificate is something that is required annually and costs if this is the case.

Is the vehicle itself much more expensive that a car for routine servicing etc?

Cheers.

A habitation certificate is not a legal requirement. I would guess most people on here with campers don't have one.

A quick check on this forum will give you an idea of servicing costs - it's not expensive if you avoid main dealers.

Pete

Thanks for reply. Did you haggle, any joy? Also wondering if a habitation certificate is something that is required annually and costs if this is the case.

Is the vehicle itself much more expensive that a car for routine servicing etc?

Cheers.
I didn't negotiate the price of the van, instead I got £1000 extra on my trade in.

I dont believe so.

No, not from my limited experience. Something to bear in mind is the cambelt is due every 4 years

I don't get a habitation check done as we don't have showers etc. I did have the gas and electric checked and it cost approx. £60. The service engineer said no point in doing habitation. Gas hoses are dated so he said 3 to 5 years.

Hi - we're looking at buying a 2019 T6 (SWB) just under 10K mileage with a Camperking Monte Carlo conversion which comes with a new 12 month MOT and seller warranty. Seller looking for 44K and was wondering if this is a fair price as there's a lot of price variation in the market and thoughts about wiggle room with pricing. Also is a habitation certificate / check something that is required on an ongoing basis in addition to vehicle servicing and advice re costs would be very helpful? Thanks V much.
What model is it? Start line, Trendline, Highline
What engine is it?
Is it 4 motion?
What gearbox?
Any extras like LED headlights, heated seats etc

Hi - it's a 2019 Volkswagen Transporter 2.0 TDI BMT 102 Startline manual. Converted by Camperking. Don't think there's any additional upgrades? Thanks

I don't know Camperkings conversions but they must be very very good at 44k for that base model.
Mine is a 2019 102 Trendline, so slightly better spec....aircon, tailgate, captains chairs and I paid 22k Inc VAT in 2020.
I've had it lined, insulated, all electrics done, added extras to take it nearer to Highline (mfsw, front fogs etc) and added basic practical professionally made furniture. No pop top.....I'd happily sell for £35k

Back