Is 6mm ply suitable for flooring?

Scotti8

Hello all. I have a T28 6.1
It already had 6mm ply flooring down (looks CNC cut) when I bought it.

I will be bolting the units to the flooring.

I have two options, use the 6mm ply, and add 9mm ply batons glued under the 6mm ply (between the metal grooves) for extra strength where the units are going to sit.
or buy some 12mm ply.

I would like to keep the 6mm mainly for the lighter weight (as the van is T28). Do you think that the 6mm will hold out ok?

I have two options, use the 6mm ply, and add 9mm ply batons glued under the 6mm ply (between the metal grooves) for extra strength where the units are going to sit.
or buy some 12mm ply.

I would like to keep the 6mm mainly for the lighter weight (as the van is T28). Do you think that the 6mm will hold out ok?
No it’s too thin even the 12 mm stuff can bow and lift in places especially if it’s in two parts or more

You will need 9mm Packer’s for under the floor board

or buy some 12mm ply.

Also the weight is nothing if your going add sound deadening and you have a spare wheel on it .. the slight increase of a 12 mm ply floor is négligeable although I must admit I’ve not got beds rear seats or kitchen in mine and dont carry passengers so maybe your accounting for all that .

Back