PLY Which one? (Marine, WBP, Structural, None Structural) Cor blimey

xtombx

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi, im sorry if this has been asked a million times or is infact a pretty unimportant thing but I've searched and searched and scratched my head sore, its driving me mad now.

I've finished lining the van and now im ready to sort the floor out. im going to 9mm baton, dodo super liner then 12mm ply.

But which ply do i use? do i just need hardwood WBP or marine ply, do i need to seal it with anything or am i just worrying theres gonna pools of water soaking into my ply when really there wont be a single drop.

it burns me to pay £150 for a pre cut to save me 10 mins tracing what i already had down and cutting it out. but at £75 a board for marine ply i very much doubt they are using that.

do i just need to seal the 9mm batons that will be under the superliner or the 9mm and 12mm ply?

or am i overthinking this completely and i can stick any old ply down and itl be fine lol

we must of all been there when 1 subject has consumed the brain to headache, this is it for me so im resorting to this post.

any help would be greatly appreciated

any definitive answers ill grab you a beer haha

Thanks Tom

I've attached the photo of my carpet lining to show im not a complete spoon just this subject has annoyed me ha

20231006_175556.jpg

You know that it will take more than 10 minutes!!
I would go for the best quality and get over the cost later. There's nothing worse than the worry and potential regret from sacrificing durability for the sake of a few quid.

What you putting on top of the ply? Altro or vinyl? I always use WPB board on my jobs as the edges are always good after cutting. Quick sand and seal with some varnish on the edges or ali trims.

What you putting on top of the ply? Altro or vinyl? I always use WPB board on my jobs as the edges are always good after cutting. Quick sand and seal with some varnish on the edges or ali trims.
Putting karndean down as i have a few boxes left over after doing my house up. So just seal the edges and im good to go. No need to seal the whole lot?

No need mate. Just trowel the glue on and you’re good to go. I’ll doubt your flood your van that much or often :fast rofl:

@xtombx I am at the exact same stage as you. 9mm battons, 12mm plywood.. I purchased my wood from a local converter.

How are you intending to secure the 12mm?

Have you purchased a deeper step yet? Lots of aftermarket options, just not sure what to get

N
Have you purchased a deeper step yet? Lots of aftermarket options, just not sure what to get
Not yet i had orderd one on back order from van x but got bored of waiting so got my money back. Need to order one asap

I went vanx the other day.. I was looking at their one with the storage..

Out of stock atm

Back