Insurance Prices

Can you use NCD on two vehicles?
I've got 10 years on a car. Can this be taken into account on a van?

I am really struggling for insurance quotes as well. I'm due to pick up our conversion in the next couple of weeks but getting a sensible quote is proving hard! I work in the industry and have tried Brentacre, A-Plan and 2Gether. All quotes come out at £1100+!!!
I'm almost 40, 10 yrs+ ncb and have been driving performance cars for 1/4 of the price for years. Starting to wish I hadn't sold our AMG to fund the camper now.
Oh and we also have a normal T6 that my partner uses every day for work, with no problems and it's full of tools!! I am genuinely shocked and wondering if anyone has any other ideas?? Thanks in advance.

I am really struggling for insurance quotes as well. I'm due to pick up our conversion in the next couple of weeks but getting a sensible quote is proving hard! I work in the industry and have tried Brentacre, A-Plan and 2Gether. All quotes come out at £1100+!!!
I'm almost 40, 10 yrs+ ncb and have been driving performance cars for 1/4 of the price for years. Starting to wish I hadn't sold our AMG to fund the camper now.
Oh and we also have a normal T6 that my partner uses every day for work, with no problems and it's full of tools!! I am genuinely shocked and wondering if anyone has any other ideas?? Thanks in advance.
Had a similar figure I had to pay.

Little help please.
My car is currently ins with Rias and I will be buying a shuttle soon but I intend to do the usual big mods to it. I’m I better just cancelling my car ins and then ins the shuttle with a company like Aplan ? I know they will except the future mods where I may run into trouble with Rias or such like in the near future.

Any comments appreciated (constructive) :p

Brentacre. T6 fully comp. £370. Not worried about alloys,splitter lowered etc. Really easy to deal with.

Can you use NCD on two vehicles?
I've got 10 years on a car. Can this be taken into account on a van?

Yes you can. I am with A-plan, just had my van insured, had 10 years NCB on my car, which is now of the road and declared as SORN. I was going to transfer only 5 years of my NCB onto the van, but was told I couldn't split between two vehicles, so ended up transferring 10 years onto the van policy. Also like with most commercial vehicle policies, you are not allowed to drive other vehicles on a third party cover like you could with the policy on you private car. which is annoying as that means, I would have to take out a separate cover for my wife car in order to drive her car as well as anybody else's (other family members) cars.

Hope this helps

Little help please.
My car is currently ins with Rias and I will be buying a shuttle soon but I intend to do the usual big mods to it. I’m I better just cancelling my car ins and then ins the shuttle with a company like Aplan ? I know they will except the future mods where I may run into trouble with Rias or such like in the near future.

Any comments appreciated (constructive) :p

A-plan have put clause on my insurance policy, that my van must be parked at home only driveway between hours of 10pm and 6am. If it is parked on the street outside my house, I wouldn't be able to claim in the event of an accident, etc.
On the other side, they wouldn't charge me admin fees for future mods to the van should I plan to go that way, but they did say that policy may go up in price as a result of modification. In fact they would not charge admin fee to change your home address either, should you move house. But they were the cheapest as far as purely commercial vehicles insurance goes.

Last edited:

RE: A-plan. Might be worth chatting to this branch as it seem that every branch is a "franchise" and have different ways of doing new business. Personal experience has proven this. Rang two different branches, one came back as £1182, asked to try harder at getting better price and they got back with £1100. Naturally I gave them a miss. Then rang a number that some one has posted on here and spoke to a lovely lady called Amanda Vallance on 01635 879910. Without even asking but mentioning T6 forum she got back with £650 flat, I then added a couple of extras, such as curtesy car for 21 days (normally £38) and excess protection (normally £42) and got some discounted prices to bring it all in at £699.00 for a year fully comp. I suggest you speak to her and definitely mention T6 forum as Amanda has said that that normally discounts the price.

I did the usual compare the market search and cheapest that got me was £696 with Autonet. A company apparently well known but, I personally never heard of them, so naturally was reluctant to go with them. My ex boss has been with A-plan now for over 6 years and I was a named driver on his company policy to drive company vans.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks for that I’ll definitely give her a go :inlove:

:whistle: To Funny :rofl:

To make you feel better, My mate who had his SWB (mine is LWB) transporter t5.1 102ps (mine is 150ps) for three years now, still paying nearly £700 a year. So I think I've done alright considering that this is my first van ownership.

I've had a claim this year for an electrical fire on another car, plus point on my licence, and really struggled to get insured on my new Panel Van (204 4 motion) that I have added seats, windows and the usual stuff. In the end went with Adrian Flux for a lot of money - ended up with only them of brentacre, and they wanted a full alarm / tracker installed. Crazy. Premium was £1650 i think! I am 47 and live in a low risk area too!

Fingers crossed then I can keep it under the grand mark. Lucky I have a drive so it’s off the road at least. Thinking of a tracker anyway for my own piece of mind and a length of 2x4 to keep the local scroats away ( don’t get me started on that subject ) :mad:

Quick update. Did the usual comparison sites and was happy enough with the £800 pound mark quotes from a few places. Phoned Brentacre and saved £250 plus of course no issues with my future upgrades. Very happy result for once :somersault:

Back