Insurance Prices

Evgenij Webster

Cabinetmaker
T6 Pro
£1200 for a year!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 35 with 10 years NCB. Not owned a van before but have plenty of experience driving company vans.
I will be covering around 12k miles per year.
I am the only driver
Van parked on the driveway.
Van not modified in anyway and is standard LWB T6 Highline T32 150ps.

Cheaoest Quote I have found was £696 but it was with a broker (autonet) I never heard of before. The likes of Zenith, Axa, etc all between £1180-£1450 per year.

Can some one tell me that this in the norm?

Thank you all

EV

As above try A plan but it must be on this number and ask for Dan - 01635879905, you get a better deal at this office.
Also try Brentacre or Greenlight.

As above try A plan but it must be on this number and ask for Dan - 01635879905, you get a better deal at this office.

I have tried A-Plan (Deaker fave me local office number) this morning. They are the ones that came up with £1182.

Greenlight, do you mean the ones in Essex. My car is currently insured with them! Might be worth a go.

I have tried A-Plan (Deaker fave me local office number) this morning. They are the ones that came up with £1182.

Greenlight, do you mean the ones in Essex. My car is currently insured with them! Might be worth a go.
That is weird. I’m with A-plan, modified policy, around £450 a year, full no claims, no points, can’t believe you are being quoted nearly 3 times as much. Do you live in a dodgy area?

If it makes you feel any better mines over £3k thanks to a few points and claims

I got a good price with Aviva. £553 for my van and the other half’s V60. The van by itself was around the £300 mark I think.

Had our renewal come through Friday before Xmas £445 for our camper, including as daily driver if needed , quite happy with that.

A-plan £595 with mods....so far anyway . Full no claims. No points . Work and social.

So.....

Rang A-Plan branch you kindly provided the number for and asked to speak to Dan, sadly he wasn't around, so I ended up speaking to Amanda. Now what I do not understand is, how two different branches of a same outfit can charge for same like for like quote two massively different prices? The first branch I spoke to this morning came back with £1182 without anything included apart from courtesy car for 7 days ONLY, so i told them to try harder. Two hours later, they got back to me with £853 and 7 day courtesy car only. No legal protection, etc. Asked for an emailed version of the quotation, and still waiting for it.

This evening I rang a different branch and without even asking for a better price I got £650 all in, including motor legal cover and 21 day courtesy car.

So just reviewed this quotation and will be calling first thing in the morning to take it out. If I am lucky enough, I might see if I could get another £50 off. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
That is weird. I’m with A-plan, modified policy, around £450 a year, full no claims, no points, can’t believe you are being quoted nearly 3 times as much. Do you live in a dodgy area?

Watford, Hertfordshire. To close to london I guess. Fecking place! Lol

If it makes you feel any better mines over £3k thanks to a few points and claims

You must be a right wrong un !!
I pay £310 for my Cali Beach and the wifes Golf Gtd. I get the hump paying £350 for my work van with full business use.

I pay £310 for my Cali Beach and the wifes Golf Gtd. I get the hump paying £350 for my work van with full business use.

You must have extensive van driving history.
I have it to, but only as a named driver on a company policy. However it is time to venture out on my own now, so technically speaking I sm a freshie in a van mans world.

Mine was about £400 ish from memory, with zero no claims (only have co cars). Mind you I am 54, there has to one advantage of being an old gimmer!

I have T30 LWB Highline fully converted.
Full NCD - wife, myself and two sons all named drivers (29 & 26).
Took out insurance using CAMC - £480 ish with usual additions.
12K miles per annum

Obviously have to be a member but its worth it.

Good luck

It was an extra motor so started with zero no claims then crashed my T6 after 6 days of ownership ! To top it off one of my lads crashed their van a couple weeks later and was named on my policy so it went through in my name and just to finish it off in style i gone caught speeding twice on the same day (20 minutes apart) shortly before renewal time so got truly hammered went from a few hundred to a few grand, i wont lie i contemplated selling the van as it was becoming quite an outlay but just couldnt part with it in the end

My favourite soapbox!!! All three of my vehicles are for Business and Domestic use. Until this year had a fnc record, but although I can only drive one at a time, I had my fnc on my Audi; under £200, £350 for the Fiesta 3 cyl under 1000cc, and the van, cos I am starting from scratch, about £1000.
My incident was a security bollard sent up under the Fiesta by an employee on the premises .... although the court found not my fault, because the company had a reasonable maintenance schedule, they were not found to be at fault. Bloody hell. Told you it was my soapbox!!

Think you lot will hate me, just got a quote from Admiral for £200, need to check this out next week :)

Direct Line - premium was cheaper than we were paying for Kia Sorento that the T6 replaced.

Back