Inserts to fill gap for trim clip around factory windows?

seth

Does anyone know a source for the plastic inserts / blanks to fill the gaps around the windows when there is no 'car style' interior trim installed? I've seen (but can't find) a picture of one, so know they exist, but cannot find any mention of them or a way to get any. Thanks!

clip gap.jpg

VW :)

My van is Reflex Silver and these are pale grey
Thanks. Was hoping there might be a supplier other than tracking down a VW main dealer... the price they'd charge doesn't bear thinking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try LLL parts = OEM VW parts posted.

Website lists all OEM exploded diagrams etc to allow you to identify correct parts

Brilliant - thanksall! "T5 body bungs" apparently. Saved me hours of fettling DIY versions. :).

(interestingly/annoyingly, googling the part number as provided in the pic turns up a whole range of incorrect door parts, but as one string as per Pauly, it works)

Last edited:
This is a great find, I have replacement sliders in my van after ditching the OEM kombi sliders. Before I order 10 of these to fill the ‘holes’ around the window is there a piece of trim that can be bought to fill the space and make it look neater?

5D251CF1-C61A-447C-8BE2-1487B124B824.jpeg

This is a great find, I have replacement sliders in my van after ditching the OEM kombi sliders. Before I order 10 of these to fill the ‘holes’ around the window is there a piece of trim that can be bought to fill the space and make it look neater?

View attachment 189540
I've seen nothing so far, nor found any product which would easily provide a neat finish in similar way to the usual 'U' trim popped on the cut metal before fitting aftermarket windows in a panel van. Van style produces the 'pods' but that's a different kettle of fish altogether and not to my taste. I also saw someone producing GRP trims and selling on ebay but am unsure they'd really have the desired effect (VW T5 Transporter Window Sill Trims -precision Made GRP | eBay).

I'm half expecting it to look sufficiently improved with the plugs in place that it'll be 'don't notice anymore'. But I've also experimented with rubber self amalgamating tape to create a DIY 'U' trim, which has the potential to work if a huge amount of time and care is expended (so that'll be a 'no' then), and also very thin self adhesive foam rubber tape effectively forming a 'L', which might have a lot more potential. A suitable profile of rubber window draft sealing type stuff could work well but I have found nothing yet.

I ordered mine from LLLParts following the link above. I hadn't thought about going to the dealer for them. I had to pay postage which was nearly as much as the parts, but then I got the right parts the first time without any fuss. It all looks a little more finished now.tempImageiroA19.jpgtempImageMXLvM8.jpgtempImageqkgugt.jpg

Back