Are my sliding windows wonky?

Every pic you’ve shared looks pretty similar to my last van which I cut and installed Kombi side windows - however the mastic sitting above the glass on the rear window would irritate me and does not look to be very well installed.
Yeah, it doesn’t look great in the flesh either. It sits really far off at the top.

I did suspect that they should all follow the curve and sit in the aperture. I understand the bottom may stick out a bit further than the rest but would still expect it to not be visible when you look down the side of the van.

@Newcs see images of my aftermarket windows. I believe I purchased these from VeeDub.

A80BC822-159C-472E-A0B8-073CAC3D4E19.jpeg
Passenger side, bottom of sliding window. the window sits perfectly on all edges but you can see my radius corners do poke a little further than the body line.

8BD858BA-DD5A-4F2C-8807-7E6EFA52FEFC.jpeg
Passenger side, sliding window top. Where as this corner sits within the van a lot better. No big deal to me as they sit and look good and aesthetically pleased with the finish.

DA04D98B-451D-424B-B75F-DE7AD04BB127.jpeg
Although my van has barn doors, the gap along the top is the same as the bottom. I can’t get my finger behind the window and definitely can’t see the window adhesive.

In response to your earlier message. The image below shows my window from the inside. If you follow the drainage rail it isn’t parallel to the cutout line, believe this is to do with drainage and ensuring the water flows forward and out of the drainage holes. Really noticeable along the top line of the window.

96F46645-D551-47C6-A262-FC6024FBA743.jpeg

I hope this helps a little

Every pic you’ve shared looks pretty similar to my last van which I cut and installed Kombi side windows - however the mastic sitting above the glass on the rear window would irritate me and does not look to be very well installed.
Yeah, it doesn’t look great in the flesh either. It sits really far off at the top.

I did suspect that they should all follow the curve and sit in the aperture. I understand the bottom may stick out a bit further than the rest but would still expect it to not be visible when you look down the side of the van
@Newcs see images of my aftermarket windows. I believe I purchased these from VeeDub.

View attachment 168758
Passenger side, bottom of sliding window. the window sits perfectly on all edges but you can see my radius corners do poke a little further than the body line.

View attachment 168759
Passenger side, sliding window top. Where as this corner sits within the van a lot better. No big deal to me as they sit and look good and aesthetically pleased with the finish.

View attachment 168760
Although my van has barn doors, the gap along the top is the same as the bottom. I can’t get my finger behind the window and definitely can’t see the window adhesive.

In response to your earlier message. The image below shows my window from the inside. If you follow the drainage rail it isn’t parallel to the cutout line, believe this is to do with drainage and ensuring the water flows forward and out of the drainage holes. Really noticeable along the top line of the window.

I hope this helps a little
that’s really helpful to see those pictures thanks. I definitely think I’ll have them removed on one side and the tailgate.

Back