MIB2 PQ Discover Media - Infotainment mods, upgrade, FEC / SWaP

In the meantime my first attempt below ;)

That's awesome @Robert what method did you use you to unlock/enable in the end? Stealers or alternative (VAS etc.)?
Sorry mate, I haven't replied to your earlier question.
This was done with EOBD2 dongle communicating via Bluetooth with my phone which was connected to infotainment USB and running Torque app via MirrorLink.;):thumbsup:

Did you try with this?

ENG122227-ENG117566-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_compass - activated

Can you repeat the whole process and report it here?;)
Enabling compass has no effect

Enabling compass has no effect
This Compass channel activates actual OFFROAD mode.
You must have something else not enabled cause with your FECs you should see the same things as I do.

Reactions: mmi
Now, can you also change
ENG122227-ENG117566-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_compass to activated
and repeat the whole process and please report?
Ok, Mr Magician, I'm back... did only the above and... :cool:
T6F_offroad_display_1a.jpg
However, as soon as I leave this (e.g. hitting radio button (in pic 2nd from left) I can't get back to this screen.

Anyways, left the van with impression that when I turn ignition off and then back on I'm on mysteriously on "Power flow" screen (Hybrid not active!), have "Offroad" selection but it does nothing, instead settings and back makes the above pop up. But again as soon as I leave the offroad screen I can't get back.

If it makes and difference I also have this “activated” on compass settings

ENG122227-ENG117568-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_compass_over_threshold_high

here's my admap

Attachments

• adpmap-5F-5C0-035-680-G_WV1ZZZ7HZJH-20200115-2001.CSV
    73.7 KB · Views: 100
If it makes and difference I also have this “activated” on compass settings

ENG122227-ENG117568-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_compass_over_threshold_high
Your case is slightly different.
You have OFFROAD present in your main menu by default.

Last edited:
I miss read your instructions @Robert this time I activated compass then did the hybrid routine. I got this screen
5E4A4204-4AEB-49A7-A1A1-78C8A1BCBC34.jpeg

But no way of getting back to it without activating hybrid again

Step 1. Run you software of choice (VCDS, ODIS, etc).
Step 2. Select 5F-information Elect
Step 3.
It may be necessary to use Security Access-16 – type code 31347 (for some units it’s 20103)
Step 4
. Select Adaptation-10
Step 5. Changes should be applied to several channels (for your ease you can search for “compass_“):

• Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_compass – change to active
  • Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_compass_over_threshold_high – change to active
  • Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-compass_0x15– change to active
Step 6. After successful coding you can safely disconnect interface from your car and restart MIB2 unit (just hold power button for 10 to 15 seconds. Enjoy

Offroad mode will appear as one of the views under Car menu

From MQB.PL

Step 3.
It may be necessary to use Security Access-16 – type code 31347 (for some units it’s 20103)
Step 4
. Select Adaptation-10
Step 5. Changes should be applied to several channels (for your ease you can search for “compass_“):

• Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_compass_over_threshold_high – change to active
Step 6. After successful coding you can safely disconnect interface from your car and restart MIB2 unit (just hold power button for 10 to 15 seconds. Enjoy

From MQB.PL
I tried that while ago but it didn't work.
EDIT.
This instruction is for MQB and we are PQ25 and this is the biggest challenge.

The only part of it that we dont have a button for would be the "CAR" menu, have you tried the 3 button press?

Yes i did realise it was for MQB, worth a try tho

Step 3.
Step 4
. Select Adaptation-10

From MQB.PL
That worked. I now have offroad as an option when I press the menu button

Back