I'm surprised at the "Gas Milage" I'm getting from T6 with Euro 5 engine.

I've just done my first long run over the past two days, and I'm very happy with the economy of this van.

I was a bit disappointed when I found out it was going to be a Euro 5 spec rather than Euro 6.
I was expecting to get 41mpg rather than 47+mpg as stated for Euro 6 motors.

I know the van only had the lightest of loads and I was taking it pretty easy (Steady 60 mph)
but the traffic was severely jammed up on the A1M yesterday.

70 miles returned an average of 48mpg
and on the return journey I manages to get home with 50.1 mpg showing on the dash.

I don't normally expect to get the quoted and spec'd mileage in the very real world of rush hour traffic.

Or am I just a light weight?
Or will the real test come when I get back to the pumps?

What engine is it?
I have a euro5 140 with 6 speed and it's easy to get over 40mpg without really trying, but I've yet to see anything close to 50.

Ditto, got the euro5 with a 180, and whilst you have to take the MFD reading with a bit of a pinch of salt, I get very similar readings to you, and equally drive very steadily and generally don't go above 60mph.

Out Euro5 140 with 6 speed is doing much better up to now than the 60 plate 140 T5 that we used to have did but I haven't loaded it up with camper fittings yet. I shan't be able to report accurately until this time next year when we have a good deal of mileage on the clock.

@DaveyB our 180ps T5 has done about 34.5mpg over all during its 41,000miles but it is a high top with a good weight of camper fittings and drivers who don't always have a light foot!

Sorry, I left out the important bit .. this engine is only 102PS
I guess I am a light weight amongst you muscle car boyz ?

Sorry, I left out the important bit .. this engine is only 102PS
I guess I am a light weight amongst you muscle car boyz ?

That is amazing milage, WOW. I am 30mpg all day long. :(, and with only a 70litre tank it's a double pita.

That is amazing milage, WOW. I am 30mpg all day long. :(, and with only a 70litre tank it's a double pita.
Yes, same for me, but this the first vehicle I have had that does exactly 100miles per quarter tank :)

That is only the average since starting out, if you switch to memory 2 (1 in the top right) you should get your long term mpg

I dare not switch anything .. it looks too good.
I've never had these sort of results from any car before let alone a Van.
I'll switch to the other memory and let you know what its "really doing" ... I cant keep driving this van on rollers. :p

I must admit it was a good long run and the figures only started to get very good after about 10 miles.

Hi Loz how do you change the the memory page?
I just went out in the freeze to check.
I thought it may be the button on the left in the console ... but thats just for doing the clock.
The one on the right looks like its a reset.

I use the buttons on the MFSW but with the two button each side of the binnacle you should be able to page through the menus with the left button to the setting page them press the right button to enter, If I find my pdf version of the manual it shows how to change it over.

I just from Leicester to Edinburgh. Set the cruise control to 70mpg then 50 when at the top of the a1 near Edinburgh.
Uk n my 150 Euro 6 I managed my best ever mpg. A whopping 30mpg. Bloody awful.

I just from Leicester to Edinburgh. Set the cruise control to 70mpg then 50 when at the top of the a1 near Edinburgh.

I think you have a leak somewhere mate. I got 38mpg on a hour motorway and A roads trip with out trying.

Whilst I don't lie awake at night worrying about it, the MFD is a bit of a bone of contention with me tbh.......but that's because I had a car (BMW) that was absolutely bang on (to within 1 mpg!) over 13 years of ownership. I filled up yesterday.....always brim the tank. MFD said 42 mpg (on memory 2 Silver Turfer)......actual when calculated was 36.06 mpg. My motoring is pretty much traffic jam free and journeys of more than 10 miles, so no stop start commuting.....mine has an easy life. I'm OK with 36 mpg.....not brilliant, but OK. BTW ST......mine's a euro 6 150 manual kombi that's been lined out so it's carrying a bit of extra weight. I think you've achieved some pretty good figures there mate.......enjoy!:thumbsup:

Agreed Ratty.....that's not brill mate!:thumbsdown:

I still have not fathomed how to get it onto page 2 of the memory, and I've been poking just about all the buttons I can find.
The acid test of course is to fill it up again, take a note of the mileage, and check how much it needs to fill up again and note the mileage.

I'd like to see what other 102ps are getting particularly the Euro 5 vs 6.

Please excuse me I always get a bit anal about this when I get a new vehicle.

I still have not fathomed how to get it onto page 2 of the memory, and I've been poking just about all the buttons I can find.
The acid test of course is to fill it up again, take a note of the mileage, and check how much it needs to fill up again and note the mileage.

I'd like to see what other 102ps are getting particularly the Euro 5 vs 6.

Please excuse me I always get a bit anal about this when I get a new vehicle.

If you get up your average mpg and then press the little button under the stork you will see it change from a 1 to a 2 in the top of the display

Back