I'm surprised at the "Gas Milage" I'm getting from T6 with Euro 5 engine.

It depends if you have a multi function steering wheel or not, I have a multi function steering wheel and do it off that. but my loan van atm doesn't have a multi function steering wheel. so it has a little button under the wiper stalk.

If you have buttons on the wheel you just press ok/enter button in the middle on right

I just from Leicester to Edinburgh. Set the cruise control to 70mpg then 50 when at the top of the a1 near Edinburgh.
Uk n my 150 Euro 6 I managed my best ever mpg. A whopping 30mpg. Bloody awful.
Crickey that is terrible, I can get better than that towing a trailer.

Last tank i was averaging 38.8 with my 150. On a run like that i'd expect about 39- 40. Have you had the software update ?

Last tank i was averaging 38.8 with my 150. On a run like that i'd expect about 39- 40. Have you had the software update ?

I'm going to go into Vw and ask. Not sure there was a software update for the engine management. If I really try I get feck all to the gallon. Worst I got was 26mpg. Averaging 28.8mpg.

Also 2nd full adblue tank and 5200miles on the clock.

I've done 13000 now and only ever get 39 mpg at the best out of my 150 thought I'd get mid 40's tbh and all it seems to do is regent all the time?

What is this software update relating to?

When i took my 150 to the dealer for warranty work, i mentioned that it seemed to be regenerating excessively. When i collected it they said that they had installed a software update, which related to the regenerating, which should improve (reduce) it.

When i took my 150 to the dealer for warranty work, i mentioned that it seemed to be regenerating excessively. When i collected it they said that they had installed a software update, which related to the regenerating, which should improve (reduce) it.
Thanks TEESIXY.....noted.

Cheers Pauly,
I'll try pressing the OK button on the right .. it must have been the only one I did not press.

OK ... Whats "regenerating" ?
Sounds a bit like a Who song.

A regen cycle is where the van makes a horrific amount of noise after you pull up and turn off. It's the DPF diesel participate filter being cleaned to get rid of any build of nasties. Sometimes, if it is really dirty then you'll get a warning light whilst driving meaning it's cleaning at that time - generally drop down to a lower gear to get the engine to work harder get hotter, and it'll clean off.
Check it out in your handbook, you should've been given a specific leaflet on the DPF regeneration.

Gosh .. I don't get any of that ...Yet.
Is this a Euro 6 thing?
I've not seen anything in the manual, it could have been written in Chinese for all the good it is.
They should have given me a DVD video rather than a manual. I have tried using the manual but I need three thumbs to keep it open and two pairs of glasses between reading it and looking at the dash.

Usually a diesel will go through a Regen once or twice per tank of fuel. You won't really notice it unless you are aware of how it works.
The Euro 6 engine seem to Regen a hell of a lot more however and I can tell in the change of retarded timing at dual carriageway speeds and less responsive throttle.

This is from the VW website, I've highlighted bits in red which hopefully which help even more.

The purpose of the filter is to reduce particle emissions in the exhaust gases and eliminate visible black smoke. For the filter to continue to operate efficiently it is necessary for it to regenerate. When the system detects a build up of carbon in the filter it injects small amounts of additional fuel into the engine to raise the exhaust gas temperature to a level that will burn off the deposits in the filter.

This process normally operates automatically without the driver even being aware that it is happening. However, under extreme conditions such as repeated short runs or particular driving styles the DPF warning light may illuminate. This is not a fault but an instruction to the driver to carry out the regeneration procedure which involves driving while maintaining an engine speed of 2,000-2,500 rpm for a period of up to 15 minutes or until the light goes out.

The majority of drivers will never experience the illumination of this light or have to take any additional measures to facilitate regeneration.

Well, I'll watch out for that then Ratty,
I've finally found the "OK" to change memories back to page 1.
So the Average Fuel Consumption is now 42.7 mpg
This seems a more realistic figure.
I'l still on my first tank full though.

DaveyB, Thanks
I get it now...
Can you send me a link to the website?
I've had a look for an on-line manual myself to no avail.
I just find the manual a bit of a No-No.

Hi Davey, That's very good of you but there is no need to post it to me, just take a photo and either stick it on here or email it to me.
There is an app called "google goggles" that lets you scan the text and save as a document.

Back