I'm surprised at the "Gas Milage" I'm getting from T6 with Euro 5 engine.

so I just brimmed the tank today and it calculated out to 25mpg again... can only get 300miles to the red!

Jeez, that's not just bad, that is bloody awful. I just can't fathom why or how there is such a vast difference between what people are getting. If I was getting that, I'd be thinking I'm leaving a trail of it on the floor somewhere via a leak.

Its now booked in for a couple of weeks time...

Is it that bad ?
Depends on the types of trips your doing, my 140 can drop into the 20s driving around town and will easily go into the 40s driving carefuly on 60/70 roads
Given all the extra weight a Cali is carrying doesnt seem to crazy if you are pottering around town

I guess it depends on your perspective. Like you say Pauly, with weight of a Cali maybe then its about right, I'm just used to getting between 520-550 miles before the fuel light comes on. But then mine is a Kombi without too much weight in the back - but I do tow, but drive like a sissy.

My van is booked in with Vw Nottingham next Wednesday.
I guarantee they won't find anything wrong and will quickly blame the 20" wheels and abt kit and weight. I'll argue it's identical wheels/tyres and weight too my t5.

I even went as far as checking brake aren't sticking.

I can get the mfd to read 37/45mpg but as I have always said mfd 1 on the fuel consumption is complete crap for overall tank fuel economy and should not be used to at what you're getting. It's a guide only. However mfd2 is much better. Reset mfd2 after every tank and it usually ends up at 31mpg or there abouts. Real world is 27-29mpg.

I've just had 540 miles out of a tank full in my 180 kombi, steady driving mainly on country A roads, so im happy with that, plus im loaded up with my tools too!

600 miles over the last four days filled up on way home averaged 42mpg v mfd claimed 44mpg, one up in 4motion DSG Caravelle 204 at a steady 65mph, getting better with each trip.

Back