I'm surprised at the "Gas Milage" I'm getting from T6 with Euro 5 engine.

Hi Davey, That's very good of you but there is no need to post it to me, just take a photo and either stick it on here or email it to me.
There is an app called "google goggles" that lets you scan the text and save as a document.
I am not that nice - when I said post I meant the electronic version, I.e post a copy of it on here.;)

You can normally feel the retarded engine timing when it's gearing up to regenerate. Retarded timing increase exhaust gas temps ready for regeneration. Stick it at 60mph for a while and then try to accelerate away there will be a noticeable lack of response before pickup sometimes. Quite noticeable on motorways when trying to overtake or go uphill during a regeneration.

That's really the only tell tale sign I mainly see. A lot of the time in the t6. Every other day in fact.

I had my light come on today, which was quite a surprise, i probably do as much motorway driving as the next guy, considering 95% of my journeys involve 20-120 minutes of motoway driving within 2 miles of leaving our house.

The Caddy we have got, has done 100k and not once have i seen the DPF Light (exactly the same usage) Got a funny feeling these Euro6 engines are going to be troublesome as time goes on with emissions based problems :rolleyes: VW's knee-jerk reaction to being caught out with the emission cheat, along with tighter regs on the newer engines!

That looks good to me!
you cant have been dawdling in the slow lane for 440 miles!
and you've got 140PS ...
P.S. You can change up into 6th now :)

Its a shame we cant have our digital speedo in MPH now we've done Brexit
(perhaps someone will tell us how to tweak it)

@Silver Turfer, I put the DPF leaflet through the works scanner today so i now have it digitally, however, if I attach it as a file to here it may not blow up and be easily readable. If you PM me your email address I'll send it to you.
Same goes for anyone else - happy to email it to you.

My type 150 dsg with 4100 miles is showing 33mpg on average 2. Does seem to want to do a regeneration a lot more than I expected. This includes the 700miles of towing the caravan to Cornwall and back.

Indicating 47mpg coming back from NEC today. 300 miles into tank and not quite hit the half tank mark.

Went to Vw Leicester to see if they can plug in a check the software. "Nope. Can't do it until end of March. Fully booked. No software updates are we are aware of and a reg check reveals nothing."

:(

Off to Vw Nottingham, to find my fuel that is stolen from me.

Indicating 47mpg coming back from NEC today. 300 miles into tank and not quite hit the half tank mark.

Managed 44.6 on the way to the NEC and then 48.6MPG back from NEC until I got into the suburbs around my house and then it's dropped a little to 47.9. I'm quite happy with these figures for a euro 6.
If I can consistantly achieve anything over 40MPG on motorway trips I'll be happy!!

I'm finding the motorways are the places for the best results, but I'm usually cruising at 65mph to get good results.

I also notice that its the first few miles that really gobbles the juice, so I try and make a run out of town as smooth a possible, then after 4 miles I start to see the numbers go up.
After 10 miles the figures only improve slowly.

Its one of those silly games I play, and it annoys the hell out of the cars behind me. (Joking)
On A roads I like to move along at about 55 to 50. But I soon get held up by someone in front.

Ans I do find that if I'm in control of the throttle rather than the cruise control I'll do better.

Well after bragging about how far I can go on a gallon, I have finally filled the tank and checked the mileage on the next refill.

Real life is just 38.63 mpg. I think I just get bored going slow :(

I've not had the opportunity to drive my car well into reserve yet, but I brimmed the tank on the last fill up, drove 412 miles and i've just filled up again. It took 52litres to fill so works out to about 36MPG. That would mean I should expect to see up to 550miles to a full tank?

Filled mine up today. It was one white line above the red having registered 520 miles. Put in £90 of shell v-power just because I happened to be driving past a shell gas station in Towcester, 1.30.9 per litre! Last time I filled up I was in the red. So based on that I reckon I'm getting around 38/39mpg

so based on that, the slightly more efficient Euro 5 with a 80 litre tank should return upto 650miles on a full tank if running it to empty?

Hi Gareth, if its a Euro 6 model it will have an "Adblue" tank to op, up My Euro 5 doesn't have it. It was a pre reg from June last year.

As others have said, the Euro 6 has 2 filler caps. I believe any T6 produced after August 2016 should be euro 6.

Back