How You Wash Your Van?

I’ve never really washed a car properly before, the van was done at the jet wash and the cars at the £15 drive through. Since owning my new van and reading this thread I’ve developed a bit of an obsession with auto cleaning products! My van is now sparkling clean however I have noticed some very light scratches on the bottom of the dash cluster and they are driving me mad! Is there a product that will polish these out? My fear is damaging the soft plastic Screen
Any further
Got any pics chap?

I’ve never really washed a car properly before, the van was done at the jet wash and the cars at the £15 drive through. Since owning my new van and reading this thread I’ve developed a bit of an obsession with auto cleaning products! My van is now sparkling clean however I have noticed some very light scratches on the bottom of the dash cluster and they are driving me mad! Is there a product that will polish these out? My fear is damaging the soft plastic Screen
Any further

Scratched Clock Plastic

Another vote for aqua wax or express wax [ cheaper if bought in 5l ) quick and easy once van has been cleaned. Use an air gun to blow out all the trapped water behind glass and mirrors ( water dribbles out for ages and leaves streaks ) spray on aqua wax and dry off. Stops any lime spots or streaks. Nice shine in minutes even on poor paintwork

Another vote for aqua wax or express wax [ cheaper if bought in 5l ) quick and easy once van has been cleaned. Use an air gun to blow out all the trapped water behind glass and mirrors ( water dribbles out for ages and leaves streaks ) spray on aqua wax and dry off. Stops any lime spots or streaks. Nice shine in minutes even on poor paintwork

If you have folding mirrors, I always lift mine at the end of a wash, and gallons of water seem to pour out.
I agree about the windows too:mad: Just as you finish and dry off what you can, then shut the door and water jets up from the corner of the door seal. Annoying.

I also suffer at the ends of my sliding doors. It takes ages to get that pool of water out, and the airline doesn't seem to quite get to it.

If you have folding mirrors, I always lift mine at the end of a wash, and gallons of water seem to pour out.
I agree about the windows too:mad: Just as you finish and dry off what you can, then shut the door and water jets up from the corner of the door seal. Annoying.

I also suffer at the ends of my sliding doors. It takes ages to get that pool of water out, and the airline doesn't seem to quite get to it.
New years treat...
Get yourself a metrovac master blaster ,
You wont look back :thumbsup:

I've said it before; I hate washing cars!! The T6 and my other car have both been ceramic coated which makes things a lot easier but still find I spend a lot of time drying off to avoid streaks and water marks - this is the bit I hate most about cleaning cars.

Earlier in this thread there is mention of using deionised (DI) water in the final rinse to negate the need for drying - is it really that simple, i.e. wash as normal, rinse off and then do a final rinse with the DI water??

I've found a couple of products that I like the look of - I think they are effectively the same product badged for different markets (car and window cleaning):-

Pure Final Rinse - Single bag Vessel - Pure Final Rinse - DI Resin Filter

nLite HydroPower™ DI STARTER SET

(Quite like the window cleaning version as it opens up possibilities to blow out my window cleaner who uses a long reach system and chargers me £14 a time for the privilege!!)

Does anyone have any experience of these products and/or using DI water to avoid the need to dry??

4F4661A5-E76F-4025-8765-CD372E12A631.jpeg
I've said it before; I hate washing cars!! The T6 and my other car have both been ceramic coated which makes things a lot easier but still find I spend a lot of time drying off to avoid streaks and water marks - this is the bit I hate most about cleaning cars.

Earlier in this thread there is mention of using deionised (DI) water in the final rinse to negate the need for drying - is it really that simple, i.e. wash as normal, rinse off and then do a final rinse with the DI water??

I've found a couple of products that I like the look of - I think they are effectively the same product badged for different markets (car and window cleaning):-

Pure Final Rinse - Single bag Vessel - Pure Final Rinse - DI Resin Filter

(Quite like the window cleaning version as it opens up possibilities to blow out my window cleaner who uses a long reach system and chargers me £14 a time for the privilege!!)

Does anyone have any experience of these products and/or using DI water to avoid the need to dry??
Vyair

Heres the resin 25 Litre Mixed Bed MB-115 DI Resin For Water Fed Pole Window Cleaning and Reverse Osmosis
Get yoyrseld a long tall version tank
Rather than the little 7litre ones(if you have the room)
They hold the full 25litres of resin , and stop you having to roll the tank every now and again when water channels are formed in the resin.
Buy one...
You will never hand dry your motors ever again .

Pure Final Rinse - Single bag Vessel - Pure Final Rinse - DI Resin Filter9ltr/

Both in my opinion are a waste of money and would be very expensive to run. Don’t know why you need resin in bags ? As a window cleaner and use the water fed pole system I use an Ro system followed by a di vessel to polish of the water down to a tds meter reading of 000 ppm. As I use around 2000ltrs a week before including waste water , running costs are big factor for me.

I would use 6x18 Filter Vessel Complete (6.9Ltr) or something similar. Just bare in mind your resin will be taking a massive hit from the impurity’s from tap water. Of course depending on your tap TDS meter reading. Here in Essex we have a very high reading mines about 380 ppm and my RO 40/40 unit (so I have a 40% waste margin where 40% of the water goes down the drain as it’s taking the impurity’s away and the 60% goes into the di vessel ) brings that down to 25 ppm and then my di vessel then finally brings it down to 000 ppm.

Or another factor is to buy a few 25ltr drums and see if you can buy some pure water of your window cleaner and just connect your pressure washer hose to the pure water. Or buy water from Spotless Water Home for around 3.6p a litre.

The Autoglym lifeshine isn't really a coating like Gtechniq it's more of a process of polishing using Autoglym products. No experience of the Kube products.
I had a Gtechniq coating added to mine.

I had the Autoglym lifeshine package on my new car last year - it was terrible and a total waste of money - the issues were obvious when I picked the car up and the sales guy agreed with me - gave them a chance to redo, which they did, but equally bad 2nd time - the money was refunded and I put it towards Ceramic Coating which, 6 months on, I am still very pleased with.

I would never pay for a dealer supplied special coating, such as Autoglym Lifeshine again though, to be fair, I like the Autoglym products (which I got to keep) - the main issue was the dealership's valet team who very poorly prepared my new car (twice) - I will still use the dealership for servicing, etc., but will decline any offers they make to wash whilst the car is with them.

the main issue was the dealership's valet team who very poorly prepared my new car (twice)

Sadly one of the main reasons these products and services suffer a bad rap on the internet, and this trickles down into my industry where these products are far more essential.

Heres the resin 25 Litre Mixed Bed MB-115 DI Resin For Water Fed Pole Window Cleaning and Reverse Osmosis
Get yourself a long tall version tank rather than the little 7litre ones (if you have the room)
They hold the full 25litres of resin, and stop you having to roll the tank every now and again when water channels are formed in the resin.
Buy one...
You will never hand dry your motors ever again.
How long does this last you?
And I assume it’s nigh on the same as the one @MrT mentions - a refillable DI vessel with resin, albeit bigger?

Back