How to fold just one electric wing mirror

copek

Hello, the title says it alI guess ... does anyone know how to fold just one side's electric folding wing mirror?

Would love to know before tackling the narrow Loch Lomond road again where we lost a wing mirror last year. We were following a T5 with the driver's side mirror folded thinking "why have they done that?". The question was answered minutes later.

You can't electrically
Ok, cheers.

I'm sure I read there was a way last year. Combination of button pressed would disable one side.

Bit like this which I can't figure out how to do!

"Ok sorted the issue now.

The drivers door mirror must have been disabled by pressing the R mirror control in the normal position.

By pressing the button R again and then selecting "mirrors fold" button both left and right wing mirrors have folded in.

This means you could select only one mirror to fold if desired although I can't imagine why you'd do that.

My mirrors only fold by manually pressing the button in the door control. They do not fold automatically when locking the vehicle.

Anyway thanks for all the replies - it all helped me get there in the end"

My mirrors only fold by manually pressing the button in the door control. They do not fold automatically when locking the vehicle.
When the vehicle is switched off:
Press and hold the lock button on the remote to fold the mirrors. It'll will also close the windows if they are open.
By the same token, pressing and holding the unlock button will lower the windows and unlock the van.

Sorry, to be clear my previous post contains a quote from another forum.

Yep, holding the lock key down folds both mirrors

I'm just trying to fold one at at time ...

Solution incase anyone needs it - grab hold of the wing mirror you want to keep out and then move switch to folded position. One will fold and the other stays in place, no grinding or unhappy motor noises.

Plus we still have both mirrors after LOTS of close passes on that road. Going the long way round next time ...

Reactions: CAB
Guys,
Maybe not topic but can anyone please write how to fold both mirrors while driving slowly out of narrow garage. I manage only to fold them while parked. Tnx!

Have you tried turning the mirror switch to the fold position? From memory, the icon maybe obscured from the driving position.

Back