How to be a considerate camper?

joshje

T6 Pro
Sorry if this has been posted before. As somewhat relatively inexperienced at camping in general (does D of E count?) and also inexperienced at spending time in a camper van, do you have any tips for fitting in, (hopefully) making friends, and generally having a good time (by all of us) on the campsite?

Common sense and general politeness is all it boils down to at the end of the day things like :

Don’t park 1 foot from your neighbour or erect an awning/tent to close to theirs
Be mindful of noise later in the day
Don’t let your kids and/or dog go nuts around everyone else’s stuff
Don’t leave litter anywhere to blow around
Etc
Etc

Everyone has their own little annoyances but just generally be considerate or others and everything will be fine

As above, plus......

Don't get Pi##ed and kick off with you family at 8pm, 10pm, 12am 230am.

Causing loads of noise and waking everyone up.... #talk of the town the following morning.

Just saying as thats what we've had the last couple of days..... And nights.

Same people just have no respect for themselves or others....

20210823_085421.jpg

Say hello to your neighbours, and if they seem friendly, at some point show some interest in their camping set-up. In my experience, most folk love to chat about their tent/van/awning/toilet tent! If you enjoy getting to know new folk, it’s a good ice-breaker and there is always something new to learn. Of course some folk are miserable so and sos and don’t even make eye contact long enough to say hello to but hey-ho. All part of life’s rich tapestry.

Sorry if this has been posted before. As somewhat relatively inexperienced at camping in general (does D of E count?) and also inexperienced at spending time in a camper van, do you have any tips for fitting in, (hopefully) making friends, and generally having a good time (by all of us) on the campsite?
Simples. Don’t be a tw4t.

Rock up with windows wound down and stereo blaring - a great way to ensure the rest of the site know you’ve newly arrived

Pitch as close as you can to your neighbours to signal your desire to be “friends”!

Bring a dog if you can - American Pit Bulls called “Tyson” or “Thug” are always popular.

Throw open the doors of your van to reveal how many slabs of beer you managed to fit it. If you can do so with a swagger while announcing “That should get us through the first night!”, even better.

Have your kids engage in a kickabout against your neighbours van - always welcome!

At about midnight, pick a drunken argument with your other half. You’re among friends now, so feel free to shout out how you really feel. Drive home your views with a few well-placed thumps too!

Don’t worry about cleaning up after yourself - at least you’re keeping someone in gainful employment cleaning and litter picking.

Follow the above guidance and you’ll be a camping pro in no time!!!

Roll the sliding door to a close slowly.
And don’t slam your doors. Or go one better and fit power-closing latches.
I prefer the power-latching to the power-closing! The power-closing makes an infernal “beeping” when closing - terrible when you nip out for a midnight pee and the whole site is as quiet as a graveyard!

I prefer the power-latching to the power-closing! The power-closing makes an infernal “beeping” when closing - terrible when you nip out for a midnight pee and the whole site is as quiet as a graveyard!
Sorry, that’s what I meant. I’m not rich enough to have power closing :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Sorry, that’s what I meant. I’m not rich enough to have power closing :oops:
Ah! Yes, I had power-closing on my first Cali which was a pain but not on this one - really wish I had power-latching though. Retrofit on a Cali is more difficult though

Back