How to be a considerate camper?

AND when you do leave the van, especially if the poptop is up, double press the lock button to disable the internal sensors. Saves your alarm from annoying every man & his dog whilst you’re at the beach/pub/hills.
Is that really a thing? I thought the double press was related to deadlocking?

I have a button to press on the inside of the B pillar

If a double press disables the internal sensors it seems fairly easy to accidentally do this, especially with keys in a pocket.
Is there anyway to remove this function?

If a double press disables the internal sensors it seems fairly easy to accidentally do this, especially with keys in a pocket.
Is there anyway to remove this function?
I don't think I ever managed to accidentally unlock a car with the keys in my pocket which would be even easier and worse.

Thanks, so just to be clear - single press on lock button is a normal lock, double press disables internal sensors

What does double press do to the deadlocking? I always press the button to disable sensors if I leave the dog in the car but that's going to save a bit of faff

I don't think I ever managed to accidentally unlock a car with the keys in my pocket

I luckily looked out of the window one night at around midnight when I had my Tiguan to see all 4 windows down and the tailgate up in the air. :slow rofl:

Thanks, so just to be clear - single press on lock button is a normal lock, double press disables internal sensors

What does double press do to the deadlocking? I always press the button to disable sensors if I leave the dog in the car but that's going to save a bit of faff
1 push is normal lock motion sensors activate , alarm activates ( if you have one fitted ) and safe lock energizes

2 push just door locks lock

push and hold open and it opens your windows

I don't think I ever managed to accidentally unlock a car with the keys in my pocket which would be even easier and worse.
Both of my keys for my 2016 Kombi have the same issue.

To lock the van, you need a proper "click" of the button - this is fine!

The button to open the van doesn't take any pressure at all to activate. Almost like it works with the heat of your finger. Problem being, lock van, put keys in pocket, van reopens and on various occasions, both windows come fully down.

What is going on?
Not just me then.
@Ajk

I've locked and unlocked various vehicles unintentionally that way, and seen others do it, easily done especially if you're carrying stuff that puts pressure on the key in your pocket.

That's why they auto lock again if a door hasn't been opened within 30 seconds of the vehicle being unlocked via the remote.

I have VCDS but it still does not prevent buttons being pressed in the pocket. VCDS and Carista will not prevent the buttons being pressed on the Webasto remote either.

Back