How to be a considerate camper?

This^.

Also - there’s a VCDS tweak to turn the DRL’s off when the handbrake is applied, so you can run the engine discreetly if need be.
Oooh! I’d like that! Didn’t know that was possible

Keep ‘em coming, this stuff is really useful. I’m wondering if a diesel heater (running at night) is within acceptable norms?

Reactions: CAB
Diesel heater makes a lot less noise than a generator. You will also find that you run it less frequently than you expect.

Keep ‘em coming, this stuff is really useful. I’m wondering if a diesel heater (running at night) is within acceptable norms?
My Wallas XC Duo makes no noise externally when cooking or heating, no noticeable fumes either.
I’ve heard a few motorhome gas heaters, sound like a small turbine, not great to camp close by.

Keep an eye out in Aldi, they usually have electric blankets come in in Autumn, best £20 we spent for winter camping. Great when skiing as you’re often restricted to 3A on EHU in winter.

I've taken to heading out an early morning stroll with the weeman! Unfortunately he did not get the memo and is up typically around 5.30am! I have everything setup night before to escape caravan site ASAP!

Creep out, and have seen some amasing sunrises! Also get some steps in, and brownie points when I pitch back with coffee for the Mrs!

Unfortunately my daughter also did not get the memo and tries to stay up later than us. Again, go with the flow to keep noise down!

Considerate As!

As above, plus......

Don't get Pi##ed and kick off with you family at 8pm, 10pm, 12am 230am.

Now that surprises me Lee as you come across as a close happy family :rofl:

Just had another thought, if your going to have a domestic or want to avoid one just walk to the other end of your unit, you'll be at least 3 miles from the nearest camper ;) :)

Last edited:
Rock up with windows wound down and stereo blaring - a great way to ensure the rest of the site know you’ve newly arrived
Don’t forget to setup your Screwfix radio blasting out KissFM at full volume in the direction of your neighbours (even if they’re the only other people on site) as soon as you arrive. They’ll really love the choons, plus they won’t be able to hear your shouting matches with your kids/partner later on!

(This may not have happened to us in Kent)

Now that surprises me Lee as you come across as a close happy family :rofl:

Just had another thought, if your going to have a domestic or want to avoid one just walk to the other end of your unit, you'll be at least 3 miles from the nearest camper ;) :)
Lol....

I was referring to our lovely neighbors, about 16 of them across 3x tents.... All kicking off.... Christmas time should be interesting.

We are all good.. 15 of us across 2x tents, 2x caravan, 1x cabin ... A few stern words said over the week but no domestics.

Cutting across my pitch really boils my piss, I’ve had a pop at loads of lazy feckers when we’ve been away. I put up a windbreak between my caravan and van and still somebody thought it would be ok to squeeze through!?

There’s a business opportunity for someone to invent a non-lethal pitch mine loaded with dog shit to prevent these cretins.

Buy a Soft Close Door - they are worth the money - p.s. EDI: I did not read the other posting prior to putting my 10p in - I see that the Soft Close Door has already been suggested- great minds think alike or………

Last edited:
Cutting across my pitch really boils my piss, I’ve had a pop at loads of lazy feckers when we’ve been away. I put up a windbreak between my caravan and van and still somebody thought it would be ok to squeeze through!?

There’s a business opportunity for someone to invent a non-lethal pitch mine loaded with dog shit to prevent these cretins.
You need one of those asbo dogs off the other thread ;)

All of the above.......are the reasons I generally avoid campsites and use the side of the road, aires, car parks. I‘d rather camp in a public toilet cubicle than the average UK campsite.

An example of good neighbours - Go to the pub and leave Simon and Garfunkel’s Greatest hits on REPEAT so the dog does not get lonely - come back at closing time.

• Love
An example of good neighbours - Go to the pub and leave Simon and Garfunkel’s Greatest hits on REPEAT so the dog does not get lonely - come back at closing time.
Spot on mate, I’m sick of dog lovers who bang the dog up in the four walls 6 days a week and then spend Sunday telling anyone in ear shot how they ‘rescued’ it.......he’s a rescue, took so much work....... Animal lovers my arse, they aren’t hearing their dog howling indoors Monday to Saturday.

Last edited:
Back