Front parking sensor location

Chris1983

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Daft question. Does anyone have a clue where front parking sensors are located on pic?

Xtrons head unit flagging randomly as if something in front of van (when there isn’t).

Was going to see if cleaning would help but in fact can’t even locate?!

Apols if daft question.99B706FF-B905-4C29-B3B6-7863BA1C57BE.jpeg

I can’t see any on the pic. Has it had a new bumper and the sensors are dangling behind? Or is it an issue with the head unit (not heard of that one) thinking there are sensors when there aren’t?

When I bought it, the guy said he has had an issue whereby the front sensors often flag mistakenly.

I can see the rear sensors (and they work fine) but as you say, not the front.

Is there a way I can troubleshoot/ detective skill further?!

Yeah no sensors to be seen, should be at the circled locations. Try to take a peek behind the bumper, if you don't have an engine undertray you could probably see the middle sensor locations from underneath by bending the bumper down a bit. Or maybe the side sensor locations from the wheel arch by bending the arch liner to see behind it.

1704959611593.png

I’ll have a look, if I presume there are in fact no sensors at front, can I get headunit to blank somehow that info/ error? Only from annoyance POV, I don’t need front sensors

I’ll have a look, if I presume there are in fact no sensors at front, can I get headunit to blank somehow that info/ error? Only from annoyance POV, I don’t need front sensors

I don't know about xtrons head units. But their user manuals seem to be available from https://xtrons.com/community/index.php/user-manuals/, try to look for one corresponding to your model and see if it has anything related to sensors.

In general OEM sensors are handled by a PDC control unit in T6, separate from head unit. Head unit just displays the information. That is, even if you would get the head unit to ignore the sensors you would still get a beep. But that's with the OEM installation - hard to know what exactly has been done in your car.

Back