How many awnings do you own/use? Think I have a problem ;-)

Help!, my wife has told me I have to put one of my awnings on the for sale thread - I have withdrawal symptoms already.
Don't expect to see it for sale anytime soon schhhhhhh......

Help!, my wife has told me I have to put one of my awnings on the for sale thread - I have withdrawal symptoms already.
Don't expect to see it for sale anytime soon schhhhhhh......
I’ll take one of your awnings off you (for free as a friend) if it helps the situation at home :slow rofl:

Last edited:
We have a used once sheltapod for sale in the for sale section, get your awning fix!
we also have a funky pleasure sail which works very well .

Last edited:
I'm using 4 awnings :whistle:

F45s on its own or with jomax windbreaks, F45 with full enclosed sides, kela 111 low drive away awning for longer stays and a rail sail with carbon poles.
In my defence you never know what to expect with the British weather :rolleyes:
gave lots of stuff to my m8 because my kids are too old now, air bean awning with kadour an figure 8, utility tent with toilet ect, looking at the f45 because I don't have the kids with me, whats your thoughts? it decent?

I’ve got one awning from my old split screen still.. two awnings from my T25 which is now sold.. and one awning for my T6

I was in my T6 HQ shed today stock taking and routing for stuff and forgot I had used this with the F45 when in France, so that means I now own 5 awnings :eek: Help!!!
Sun canopy
You need to join my support group. We get together regularly but currently via zoom due to social distance measures where you can openly discuss your addiction with like minded members :)

Hi all,
Good thread. So, i'm putting this out here as i need some help. We have a T5.1 and currently it has the remo multi rail. No pop top.
We (my wife and 2 kids) sleep in the van - the kids are small and sleep on Cabunk system, my wife and i sleep on Amdro Kombi double bed.
We do however, store bikes, suitcases, larder unit, fridge, food, towles, buckets spaids coats etc in a tent. Its a Gobi tent as per this:
1597671477172.png

The size is perfect for us. It packs small ish... Its not very heavy. I can pick the bag up myslef and it takes us about 20 minutes to put up and the same to pack away. We don't use the inner bedroom tent - just the overall tent.

Some anoyances... its not linked to the van.
The front door is angled inwards so in the rain with the door open you get wet! This makes cooking in the rain hard.

We are looking at the Galli 3 but are worried its going to be too big, both pack size, and of course once on pitch. It does however have a porch area on the front.

We are also looking at the Kyham DubHub XL - good pack size, good pitch time - bit small inside.

Alternativley we could just buy a stiches and steel canopy/sail and attach it to the van, and then to the tent. If the pitch is big enough it would create a shelter to cook under between the van and tent, maybe even an area to dine alfresco from the rain and sun.
Its obviously not totally enclosed so moving from tent to van on a night in my PJ's would be embarassing (no one wants to see my purple mankini)!

Has anyone sucesfully created a covered area using a seperate tent as support for the sail? Does this work?

I've looked at the Galli in the flesh and am still unsure. I've not seen the Kyham DubHub in the flesh yet.

At the moment i can't justify buying a new sail and a new awning... so what would you do?
Anyone have a Galli or DubHub they want to sell? I could buy one, try it and sell it if we dont get on with it... I can't see me loosing much money if i look after it, and make the decision quickly. Certainly wouldn't loose the cost of hirring either.

so, if you have 5 mins spare whats your thoughts?

As always - thank you :)

Hi all,
Good thread. So, i'm putting this out here as i need some help. We have a T5.1 and currently it has the remo multi rail. No pop top.
We (my wife and 2 kids) sleep in the van - the kids are small and sleep on Cabunk system, my wife and i sleep on Amdro Kombi double bed.
We do however, store bikes, suitcases, larder unit, fridge, food, towles, buckets spaids coats etc in a tent. Its a Gobi tent as per this:
View attachment 81810

The size is perfect for us. It packs small ish... Its not very heavy. I can pick the bag up myslef and it takes us about 20 minutes to put up and the same to pack away. We don't use the inner bedroom tent - just the overall tent.

Some anoyances... its not linked to the van.
The front door is angled inwards so in the rain with the door open you get wet! This makes cooking in the rain hard.

We are looking at the Galli 3 but are worried its going to be too big, both pack size, and of course once on pitch. It does however have a porch area on the front.

We are also looking at the Kyham DubHub XL - good pack size, good pitch time - bit small inside.

Alternativley we could just buy a stiches and steel canopy/sail and attach it to the van, and then to the tent. If the pitch is big enough it would create a shelter to cook under between the van and tent, maybe even an area to dine alfresco from the rain and sun.
Its obviously not totally enclosed so moving from tent to van on a night in my PJ's would be embarassing (no one wants to see my purple mankini)!

Has anyone sucesfully created a covered area using a seperate tent as support for the sail? Does this work?

I've looked at the Galli in the flesh and am still unsure. I've not seen the Kyham DubHub in the flesh yet.

At the moment i can't justify buying a new sail and a new awning... so what would you do?
Anyone have a Galli or DubHub they want to sell? I could buy one, try it and sell it if we dont get on with it... I can't see me loosing much money if i look after it, and make the decision quickly. Certainly wouldn't loose the cost of hirring either.

so, if you have 5 mins spare whats your thoughts?

As always - thank you :)
Have you seen the decathlon offering BASE CAMP SHELTERS, FAMILY TENTS - LA Air Base Connect Fresh
One side can go over the van and the other over the tent. Im tempted to get one even though we've got a dometic wind out, tarp and a kampa motion air

So I've fallen off the wagon and purchased another awning (well more gazebo).

Quest screen house 4 pro.
20210612_122130.jpg
20210612_122119.jpg
20210612_122101.jpg
Brother had one last weekend when we meet up and it is so simple to put up and take down. Weighs next to nothing and takes up less space when packed up. Not going to win any awards for build quality or unique design but its simple and easy to erect. My latest plan is something that is less hassle and simplify things. Next stage is cutting down other items we probably don't need.

Well it's happened again :oops: Due to impending French road trip that our daughter will also be coming along sleeping arrangements needed to be addressed. Mrs can't sleep with the roof down or upstairs, something about being claustrophobic whatever that is? So that leaves me in predicament. Best solution is another awning with a sleeping compartment for one of us (guess who it will be?) to use. Oh the joys.....

Well it's happened again :oops: Due to impending French road trip that our daughter will also be coming along sleeping arrangements needed to be addressed. Mrs can't sleep with the roof down or upstairs, something about being claustrophobic whatever that is? So that leaves me in predicament. Best solution is another awning with a sleeping compartment for one of us (guess who it will be?) to use. Oh the joys.....
60F1E518-4F1F-4226-A09B-AEA30189E7F0.jpegBest to keep out their way in the tent ;)

Back