How many awnings do you own/use? Think I have a problem ;-)

True Romance

204 TDi DSG LWB
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi all, think I have a problem. I'm addicted to awnings. Already have 3 and going to buy another one tomorrow! Mrs thinks I've got serious issues and she may be right??

So how many awnings do you own/use? Used our Vango cruz last week which was great but its huge when erected and when packed away. Still trying to find the ideal awning that works for all occasions. One thats easy to put up and take down. Packs into a smallish bag and fits on all pitch sizes. Hopefully this latest one will be just right and I can move on with my life :)

Cheers,
TR.

All us men have our collection issues - watches, tools, bicycles, banded steels - the list goes on!

The main thing is you’ve recognised you have a problem !

I’m still looking for my first awning and basic C rail. Looking more for a canopy that can be folded down to give a bit of privacy.

Just the one kyham drive away but am gathering the bits to make my own tarp/sail type for the occasional day trip or work shelter.

Can't seem to find what I want pre made.

Just the one kyham drive away but am gathering the bits to make my own tarp/sail type for the occasional day trip or work shelter.

Can't seem to find what I want pre made.

please share your findings. As soon as the lockdown shenanigans has subsided heading to Funky Leisure for a rail.

Regards
Ian

please share your findings. As soon as the lockdown shenanigans has subsided heading to Funky Leisure for a rail.

Regards
Ian
Planning on attaching a kador strip onto one of these I think.

A tarp is so versatile with a few adjustable poles and guy wires.

I like the right angle option effectively creating a screen in front of the sliding door as well as a cover.

I think there are some products out there with the kador strip already on and poles for < £100.

There are but not the size I want. I figure @4m long it could be 2m out ant 2m folded down as the basic setup.
The reimo palm beach 2 3.0 with side is the other option I've been thinking could work for my needs.
EDIT

I'm on a lwb so trying to find full width of the van.

Eg....

I have that one, very versatile. We put it up in the park the other day as a stand-alone sun canopy.

Also have a olpro cocoon awning but thinking about getting a galli III as everyone else seems to rave about them!

There are but not the size I want. I figure @4m long it could be 2m out ant 2m folded down as the basic setup.
The reimo palm beach 2 3.0 with side is the other option I've been thinking could work for my needs.
EDIT

I'm on a lwb so trying to find full width of the van.
Have you seen the stitches and steel tarp?

I'm using 4 awnings :whistle:

F45s on its own or with jomax windbreaks, F45 with full enclosed sides, kela 111 low drive away awning for longer stays and a rail sail with carbon poles.
In my defence you never know what to expect with the British weather :rolleyes:
Ah may be you need to join my support group ;-)

I have just purchased one of these from Go Outdoors https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15909926/vango-kilda-low-driveaway-van-awning-15909926. I am single with no Kids or Dogs on tow, so the small size appeals.
Though today will be the first time i will try it out, as i'm heading up to Durness for 2 weeks.
Sure it will be good....we have the Vango Low Palm which I think is the Airbeam version of the Kilda and so far very pleased and just the right size for one or two people and their stuff.

Got the same addiction bought a vango galli compact although a smallish awning too heavy and too big packed up
Shelterpod easy to erect we dont cook in the van shelterpod cooking under canopy crap if it's raining and a bit windy
Vango palm about same size as galli compact ½ the weight ⅓ the size in bag and honestly 10 minutes to erect and it's perfect for us 2 adults and dog

Back