How low is sensible?

I think they are sorted now but personally for the sake of a few quid i wouldnt buy them just in case

50mm Eibach springs with the OEM 17" Devonports,

IMG_0235.JPG

I agree 20" wheels would look better but then I have to spend my money on more functional items before I get to spend on styling!

Looks ok to me and I do like keeping the van standard on the outside and spend on the planned conversion inside.

Now I get to go into multi-storey carparks with less stress than remembering the official height once inside a 1.98 limit :oops: Survived that one :rolleyes:

And of course it handles so much better now :D

50mm Eibach springs with the OEM 17" Devonports,

View attachment 3509

I agree 20" wheels would look better but then I have to spend my money on more functional items before I get to spend on styling!

Looks ok to me and I do like keeping the van standard on the outside and spend on the planned conversion inside.

Now I get to go into multi-storey carparks with less stress than remembering the official height once inside a 1.98 limit :oops: Survived that one :rolleyes:

And of course it handles so much better now :D
Hi, does the 50mm drop effect ride quality much? I have swb combi 32 coming in march and really Want to lower it, but I also have back trouble

Hi Paul I've got a t32 , I'm on 50 mm eibach springs with 20 " wheels bit of a firm ride the wife says but I'm happy with her

Hi, does the 50mm drop effect ride quality much? I have swb combi 32 coming in march and really Want to lower it, but I also have back trouble
Hi Paul, definitely a firmer ride and on good roads the main difference is less roll cornering and less dive braking. Cruising you'll not feel much difference. If your route is pot holed you'll feel them more but it's hard to quantify. I used to drive a BMW and the 50mm springs give a ride closer to that - firm but not stupid and I'm very happy. Just completed a Calais to Alps run and did 5 hours before stopping - very comfortable :) On the Alpine ascent hairpins my passengers did remind me I was actually driving a T32 Kombi and not the BMW anymore ;)
I have had it loaded close to max I guess and that was no problem too - just took things gentler.
Drive your new van on the standard springs for a bit and see how that feels. Then I'm sure you'll want to change :)

Oh, and @Paul fox if you stick with the original wheels/tyres that will be a bit softer than 20" and lower profile tyres. Maybe try the springs first then see how you feel about changing the wheels. You can always keep the old springs to swap back in case you're not happy - better to write off the spend than have your back suffer.

Thanks for feed back guys, much appreciated.. think I will go for 50mm , i have had a t5 sportline and didn't find that to bad but appreciate they are only lowered 30mm. As much as I love the look of 20" wheels I'm going to go for 18s I think new rs6 style but not sure yet. Decisions decisions

I'm going with 50mm Eibach adjustable spring and 18" wheels, but will be a while till they're fitted.

Hi to all,
New on the seen.
I have a T6 highline custom 140. When I bought it I new I made the right choice. There was nothing I needed to do to it externally because everyone around me loved it.
But when I upgraded my springs and shocks with Eibach and Bilstein plus a remap. I am now in Heaven!!!!
This is like A Ferrari SUV and Work van all in one.
I am on my 3rd Transporter now.

Last edited:
Hi, i had my remap (140-205) done at Custom vans in January. The Van runs very good. The best way i can explain is the turbo kicks in early when i put my foot down.

Hi everyone, I have a lwb panel van it’s on eibach sportline springs 50mm drop at the moment, I want to go lower as I love the look but I’m worried about it being to low that it will beach out on speed bumps etc, I’m thinking about the so low kit from thq at highest setting of 100mm, has anyone done this and Is it ok?

Back