How low for a work van?

powell7

Hi all, first post.

I'm picking up a 2020 start line at the end of the month. Bumpers will be body colour so will help with the modding.

I'll be using the van for work(carpet cleaning) as well as family life. I don't carry a huge amount of weight.

I have been given a set of 20's which I was considering fitting and lowering it 40mm but worried that will be too much and should stick to 30mm.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

I am down 70mm on 20" and I do 2-3k miles a month for work. Tbh I'm probably going to go lower next year with solows @ 100mm drop.

I guess it totally depends on your circumstance. For my work I go all over random locations. Currently I'm running standard height on devonports and will keep it that way a while.

I have a front splitter and side bars which already brings clearance down say 30mm. I think the most I'd drop is 20mm personally - as I'm often 'off road' and I think the clearance is much needed in my case!

As said, 40mm isn’t really low at all, wouldn’t be low enough for me. Mine is fully down on the factory coilovers with 20” alloys. I've done 25,000 trouble free miles for work, I would like it another 20mm lower but would it be okay for work then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IMG_5695.jpeg

I'm -60mm on 19's. Comfortable and drives like a car. I do end up down plenty of country lanes and fields carrying offroad bikes.

85385B86-E316-45AE-A7E3-A267B426DD3C.jpeg

I have a front splitter and side bars which already brings clearance down say 30mm. I think the most I'd drop is 20mm personally - as I'm often 'off road' and I think the clearance is much needed in my case!
20mm should be straight forward as it's the factory drop in my Caravelle

I have gone down 50mm which was the minimum I could go on my KW v3+. I regularly tow and go offroad with hobbies but I will still scrape the mudflaps on speed bumps.

Mat

Thanks for the replies all.

Hopefully be collecting my van this week.

I think I'm going to got for the solow 45mm springs.

Screenshot_20231007-075854.png

Probably a good choice. I ran 50mm Eibach raceline on my T5.1 and was pleased with them so these should be similar.

I've seen euro do the springs for less than 100 and possibly better springs around the 250 mark

Back