How low is sensible?

Rob

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I really need to phone Vanstyle and get the van booked in to have some lowered springs fitted but really can not decide on which ones to go for. Due to previous people's experiences which knocking problems the H&R's are out of the window but there are still a few options ranging from Eibach Pro 30mm, PI 40mm or Cobra Sport 40mm and 55mm.

Also how does it affect the warranty when these are fitted?

I need a bit of help on this too, I'm putting 20's on mine and have never used lowering springs before, without sounding thick ( although I can pass this off quite easily ) does it still allow to carry same weight in van.
And like @Rob what seems to be the most popular ?

No definitive answer on this but I've never risked any mods while I have a vehicle under warranty, just don't want to be in that position should anything happen.
I accept I'm being cautious many do mod their vans from new and very nice they look too (slightly jealous).
Don't forget insurers need to be informed as well.
Warranty is one issue, insurance is something else entirely!

....and don't forget about Bilsteins B14s which seem to get some of the best and consistently good reviews. If I was going for coliovers it would be B14s. Gaz also seem to get good write ups.
I spoke to my dealer about warranty and he says he'll stand by warranty on all items not related to the mods..... Time will tell if he stands by that!!!

As @Caravellet6 says it down to your needs really i think, If you carry weight or have issues with ground clearance then thats needs to be considered. There are lots of chooses out there to suit all needs from what i read .
For me as i will not be carrying weight or have any ground clearance problems from what i no, so i will be slamming it on the floor ! :laugh::laugh:

I absolutely would not recommend the H&R 40mm drops, im on my 3rd set of rear springs and they are still not right, the odd clanck & jangle over bumps, still cant decide decide what to do
Dont want stock springs as to soft and floaty in the bends but cant keep what i have got, split between going to eibach 30mm or coilovers but dont really want to spend that kinda money if im honest

I am leaning more towards the Eibach for the reputation although is 30mm that noticeable?

I think are go with bilsteins as i can set them to suit + if i do go with 20" then they should cope no probs

would lov air but i think its a bit much £££ for me

I'll be happy when:
a) I can't see any daylight under my van
b) no theiving tw4t can get my spare wheel from under my van
c) I can get my van in my garage
d) I hear that lovely sound .... psssssttt
Each to their own!!!!
Roll on Friday :);)

I'll be happy when:
a) I can't see any daylight under my van
b) no theiving tw4t can get my spare wheel from under my van
c) I can get my van in my garage
d) I hear that lovely sound .... psssssttt
Each to their own!!!!
Roll on Friday :);)

jealous :thumbsup:

Reactions: Rob
i don't know how I could ever get that one past the Mrs. Maybe I could sedate her and get her to sign a piece of paper agreeing to it, on film and in front of loads of people so she couldn't get out of it.

Repeat after me.....
"a) it will stop me rolling over and killing you if we camp on a slope
b) it's the only way it will go in the garage
c) yes of course I'd love to get a kitten
d) you feel sick when we go round corners because we haven't got air ride"
:):):whistle::whistle:

It was her that said
"That will stop the thieving bastards nicking our spare wheel"

Don't say:
"Yes dear, but we won't have a spare wheel 'cos the air tanks and compressors are in the spare wheel well!!":whistle:

@Walski your putting me of now because looking at that not having air ride might mean I could get away with rolling on top of her without her killing me.

Rob, get it lower than 30mm ,apparently AIR IS SICK according to my boys, and that's what I need they said , then I told them it's mega money .so now it's bilstein coil overs and 20's

Mines got 50mm eibachs with 275/35/20 wheels . Rides great , wheels don't catch and my local dealers no problem with future warranty issues . Don't carry much weight in it except a few dozen reels of cable every now and then . Really happy with the road holding and is a far better ride than my last T5 with 30mm eibachs with 18" rims .

Hi ChrisWhit, have you got any side view pics of your van to show how it sits with that set up .thanks Shylock

Would love to see the air ride and how it sits, and photos, off to look at the costs unless some kind fellow knows already of the best and cheapest in comparison to go too.. :)

I dont think I would want super low but i will drive off road. How does air ride compare to lowering springs on ride durability etc??

Back