Highline overhead cubby-hole tray - 3D printed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mines a T6 (Jan 2019)....T6.1 end of feb 2019
Surely it’s a different cubby layout rather than a premature T6.1

Reactions: CAB
Sounds good to me mate. Let me know and I will PM you or meet you.

Where do you want me to meet you buddy? £10 is good for me

@Wayne7450 Co-op on Tarporley high street? If so I will PM you my mobile, let me know where close by.

PM sent.

Right then, nailed it, after two prototypes. Here's my 3d printed cubby hole tray.

MK1 jammed half way in so i had to taper the sides and the tray top part.
MK2 fit well but the front face of the tray was at a slightly different angle to the hole and looked bad.
MK3 is cock on. It slides in well, the tapered groove on the bottom of the tray fits really well over the lip of the cubby hole and pulls the front in (due to the taper) and the front face is parallel with the face of the hole. It doesn't slide rattle or squeak in the slightest either which is also paramount for my sanity.

It's been a really good project to get me up to speed with the CAD system, the slicer software and the 3d printer. Today's first print of MK3 was printed on a coarse setting, almost twice as fast and still has a pretty good finish.

It's now filled with coffee vouchers from McD's a few business cards and other assorted bits and pieces. Job done.

View attachment 54134 View attachment 54135 View attachment 54136 View attachment 54137
That’s a great job, are you still making and selling these ? If so I’d certainly buy one in black if possible ?

Thanks @Jono but mine didn’t fit...:cry:

Must be a different layout!

View attachment 92550
Think your cubby is the same as mine @Wayne7450. it was fitted to some early T6s, as well as non Highline and European spec models. This is what I fitted to mine, it’s not quite a drawer as it only goes in about 50mm at the bottom and sides to act as a cover for the bagged first aid kit inside, but I could probably rejig into a drawer and remove the embossed cross. Not attempting to muscle in on your thread @Jono and happy to send you the STL if I get around to this should there be anyone else with this type of overhead console.
E3716D43-1FDD-432F-BE80-7BC99EBF345B.jpeg

Think your cubby is the same as mine @Wayne7450. it was fitted to some early T6s, as well as non Highline and European spec models. This is what I fitted to mine, it’s not quite a drawer as it only goes in about 50mm at the bottom and sides to act as a cover for the bagged first aid kit inside, but I could probably rejig into a drawer and remove the embossed cross. Not attempting to muscle in on your thread @Jono and happy to send you the STL if I get around to this should there be anyone else with this type of overhead console.
View attachment 93887
Love what you've done and you are free to share as much as anyone. My trays are a labour of love! They are really tricky to print for various and I probably throw one away for every two printed. The cost covers the material, postage and a little bit of pocket money and the time to tinker and create some 'specials' for a few people.

View attachment 93887
View attachment 93887
Thanks Mate
Good to know I’m not alone in the world

Finally got around to playing with a design for this and produced a prototype. It's not a perfect fit, the gap seems to taper slightly as it goes in, but it does fit and is useable. I will come back to it one day and try and refine it a bit more.
I don't have time to print these in bulk and I don't think there'd be much demand for them anyway as most people seem to have the Highline cubby, but the STL file is attached below for anyone who wants to print it themselves.

It's in black filament @Wayne7450 so would need sanding/priming/painting but if you want the prototype gratis, pm me your address.

IMG_2851.JPGIMG_2852.JPG

Just to reiterate, this would not fit the Highline cubby, if you have one of those then @Jono is your man, these will fit only the older/lower spec T5 style overhead cubby (I don't know if they are actually the same as the T5 though.

Edit: I've attached it here, just change the "pdf" to "stl" to use the file

Attachments

• Ceiling console tray.pdf
    237.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Hi I would like one in grey if possible please
That’s a great job, are you still making and selling these ? If so I’d certainly buy one in black if possible ?
Hi this looks very good well done, If you are still making them I would like one in grey to fit a highline kombi please? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.