Highline overhead cubby-hole tray - 3D printed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had one of your trays for probably 12 months now. Current in the £5 car park at Treen. My wife informs me this morning that I must go on the forum and say what a brilliant thing the tray is (it keeps her ear rings, phone etc.) So because I’m a very compliant husband here I am saying ‘Many thanks’!

Hi Jono I have just purchased my first van and would love one of the gray cubby’s if you can. No rush just when you can. Drop me a dm and I will get you paid. Thanks for all your hard work and designing something Vw should have done themselves:thumbsup:

Next batch of material in, got a few trays in the production line already. Have DM'd a few that showed interest but happy to discuss with anyone else...

Next batch of material in, got a few trays in the production line already. Have DM'd a few that showed interest but happy to discuss with anyone else...
Hi Jono

Any chance of a grey one in the future

cheers derek

Right then, nailed it, after two prototypes. Here's my 3d printed cubby hole tray.

MK1 jammed half way in so i had to taper the sides and the tray top part.
MK2 fit well but the front face of the tray was at a slightly different angle to the hole and looked bad.
MK3 is cock on. It slides in well, the tapered groove on the bottom of the tray fits really well over the lip of the cubby hole and pulls the front in (due to the taper) and the front face is parallel with the face of the hole. It doesn't slide rattle or squeak in the slightest either which is also paramount for my sanity.

It's been a really good project to get me up to speed with the CAD system, the slicer software and the 3d printer. Today's first print of MK3 was printed on a coarse setting, almost twice as fast and still has a pretty good finish.

It's now filled with coffee vouchers from McD's a few business cards and other assorted bits and pieces. Job done.

View attachment 54134 View attachment 54135 View attachment 54136 View attachment 54137
Looks good is it bog enough for sunglases

I would
Looks good is it bog enough for sunglases
Yes, the internal width tapers from approx 160mm to approx 140mm. Height wise, the tray is 32mm. Some very large fashion type / ladies sunglasses may not fit but my day to day specs fit fine. You may or may not get a case in the tray, it just depends on the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.