Help with spec?

Because the T6 is essentially a 2003 van thats been re-invented twice, I think they are at their limit tech wise. The T7, will see the massive tech advances such as keyless etc, as this will be a new van designed from the ground upwards.

@chriscroft Our Exec is similar spec, but with the added DCC, which we've now lowered with 20's, rides really well. Its very easy to add toys to these vehicles

@mhill wtf do you want an auto Jimmy for it has proper 4 x 4 capabilities an auto would f*ck that up right away. We have had two and the one my wife has at the moment has the electronic change to 4 wheel drive which I don't like as much as the old lever that was there. The old red one I had rates as one of my favorites

Benn there with Defenders and fancy something different but capable, I have great difficulty driving a manual after a nasty accident in a Lifeboat and they are cheep to buy and fix! Its also light enough that I can trailer it behind the T6.

Hello Matt. Regarding your point 6 - the additional storage with the dual passenger seat. I asked my dealer about this yesterday, he said he doesn't sell many of them and doesn't rate them himself. The cup holder element doesn't really hold very well and the additional storage it provides is pretty small. it's pictured next to the dashboard shot in the PDF here: https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/media/2114470/transporter_6__van_presales_flyer.pdf

Ah nice find on the picture - I definitely don't want that :)

Benn there with Defenders and fancy something different but capable, I have great difficulty driving a manual after a nasty accident in a Lifeboat and they are cheep to buy and fix! Its also light enough that I can trailer it behind the T6.
We've had both a 110 Defender and a Jimny. Defenders are shockingly expensive to run and tax, Jimny's cost peanuts. And in several situations our Jimny was more capable off road than the Defender. I wouldn't want an auto but if you struggle with a manual, an Auto Jimny would still be a hoot. Jimny's aren't liked by the motoring press because they see them as an urban runabout (like Defenders, they are pretty poor ON road) but used as a cheap but incredibly capable 4x4, they are hard to beat. Oh and they all have ABS brakes (post 2004) and airbags too - you get NO safety kit in a Defender!

Back