Help with spec?

I've been look at Jimmy autos as a bit of a silly toy to play with off road, there are some well equipped ones that don't go for much money.
Recently took my 19" Summer tyres of the T6 for a set of 17" AT's and wet grass would get the tyres all spinning and give the 4motion a work out, had similar with our our Defender and my A3, Defender on the OEM Ice Cram van tyres and the A3 on a 17" Mud & Snow tyre was a complete shocker and would bite really well.

@mhill wtf do you want an auto Jimmy for it has proper 4 x 4 capabilities an auto would f*ck that up right away. We have had two and the one my wife has at the moment has the electronic change to 4 wheel drive which I don't like as much as the old lever that was there. The old red one I had rates as one of my favorites

Everyone's needs and tastes vary so much it just comes down personal needs.

IMHO - 4wd is just a big no, it sucks the MPG down on every drive and I aint going to be driving anywhere where it's actually needed and when it is needed the thing you do need is ground clearance which it don't have . I also have zero need to wheel-spin from the lights or floor it out of a roundabout.

Dust seals are a must.

Heated seats are great-warm up way before the engine.

Power latching - way better than slamming the door each time.

Rear camera- just makes life easier.

Sat nav is good- display on mfd is way easier and no cables flapping about plus it aint going to get pinched- mines a work van so parking up on sites etc.

Led headlights are just fantastic , but only if you drive at night obviously !!!. Lights up the hedgerows both sides of the road. Stupid price but theirs a lot going on and you ain't ever going to retrofit these.

Power fold mirrors are OK would be better if they did it auto'

Cheers.

Forgot-

If your keeping it longer than 3 years the extended warranty is a bargin .

With hindsight I'd have gone for the power latching on the sliding door, my teenage daughters just can't seem to get to grips with how hard to slide it shut..either too gentle and it doesn't close or too hard and nearly bursting my eardrums!!
I opted for the composition media with app. connect and very pleased with it, it shows the maps app from my iphone which always works fine, plays Spotify and I have a 64GB SD card in the slot with about 700 albums on so never short on music!
As above, the rear camera does give a little bit more peace of mind when backing into tight places..Have fun choosing!

The factory removable towbar is really neat, and you can just see the electric plug when disconnected. Its also about the best value to get a towbar on a T6, bar the factory fixed option, due to the coding etc required for after market bars. Takes 10 seconds to attach or take off max,

LED lights are fantastic, far better than the old xenons on the T5, which were great. I would definitely say worth the investment - They really are like daylight, and if you are get the high beam assist, works really well with the LED's.

Discover media is a good investment, and great value as well - Much better than the old Kenwood. Would recommend speccing it with App Connect, to integrate fully with your phone. You can send destinations straight to the van from you phone or computer, and when you hook up yours phones 4G it then does live traffic. There is a subscription after 3 years, unsure of the price.

Power latching just saves people slamming either the side doors or tailgate - A good option. Or you can go the whole hog and get electric doors!

Not seen the storage box in the passenger seat yet, sorry.

Hope that helps

I'm happy to have 4motion it doesn't make much difference to mpg unless doing mega miles and has already helped a few times with greasy roads and t**** driving like idiots on roundabouts, with what VW asks for a van anyway the extra cost isn't an issue for me in fact the wife insisted we have it but fully appreciate not everyone sees the point of having it. For me it solves the problem of swopping to winter tyres, let's face it if it's that bad I ain't going out, I've had 4x4's ever since I moved to Yorkshire and when it snows bad I can't get to work anyway cost the roads are blocked with abandoned fwd city cars.....

I also personally run a 4Motion. It actually gets proper use launching our boat and on 2-3 skiing trips a year - We never have to put chains on with M&S tyres on. Last week I had a Fwd Cali 204PS for a week, 1100 miles, and really missed the 4Motion.

Got a Vel Exec, and put around £10K of extras on it. It was fun!!!, And we are keeping it for a long time, fingers crossed
4 motion - yes
rear diff lock - honestly not sure it is really needed
Sat nav - No - it is rubbish compared to a new £250 top of the range tom tom
But the other ICE extras are definitely. App connect etc etc. Also we like the WLAN, and we have a sim in it
Over night heater - really neat but not sure how much we will use it, as we don't sleep in it. Easy to retro fit so you can always add it
Heat and electrical mirrors Yes
Heated seats (standard) but a big yes
MFSW - (standard) but a big yes
LED Headlifghts and wash and auto dip. Absolutely love them, but are they necessary??
Tow bar Yes
Metalic Yes
Sunroof, I like it , but its another £500
Power adjustable seat for drivers seat and lumber. For us well worth it as I am 6ft, mrs 5'3" (oh and i weigh nearly twice as much). We both drive it, so really good, with seat memory on the keys. Very good.
DSG really good, but the 6 speed box is also nice on a T6
Cruise which is adaptive. Expensive, but if you use cruise much, then it is much better
Blind spot - Well, what ever
Electric sliding rear doors (standard) We didn't even want them, but got them and they are great

Enjoy your build;);););)

One point irks me on a £50k vehicle why no keyless entry? In fact when you go Exec there's a lot of stuff missing you'd find on a similar priced car.......

One point irks me on a £50k vehicle why no keyless entry? In fact when you go Exec there's a lot of stuff missing you'd find on a similar priced car.......
Yep, totally agree. I really would like the Jaguar style wrist band as well; but the lack of keyless really is a big mistake. Surely it a simple bolt on module of a passat. No real R&D costs.
The auto folding mirrors is a strange omission, which I honestly don't miss. But the lack of keyless entry/ ignition/start is blood stupid on £50k vehicles. And could well switch somebody to a Merc V class. Once you've had it, it is a must have; particularly the kind of vehicle a Vel is. Big handfulls of stuff and kids etc, and you are looking for a key in your pocket in 2017, really????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I'm starting to think I am a very rare breed.
I did not select one extra. Albeit a highline. t32 204 ps so nice big brakes and 17inch wheels as standard.
Perhaps the lights could do with a bulb change but not really found myself wishing I'd gone with any other extras.
For me it is the money, the van is a kombi for work and will stay that way for 4 years. I may do some sound proofing on the rear arches and replace the hardboard panels with carpeted ply ones before the 4 years are up.

I did not select one extra. Albeit a highline. t32 204 ps so nice big brakes and 17inch wheels as standard.
Perhaps the lights could do with a bulb change but not really found myself wishing I'd gone with any other extras.
For me it is the money, the van is a kombi for work and will stay that way for 4 years. I may do some sound proofing on the rear arches and replace the hardboard panels with carpeted ply ones before the 4 years are up.
You'll enjoy yours just as much, and a lot less to go wrong. ;););)

Got a Vel Exec, and put around £10K of extras on it. It was fun!!!, And we are keeping it for a long time, fingers crossed
4 motion - yes
rear diff lock - honestly not sure it is really needed
Sat nav - No - it is rubbish compared to a new £250 top of the range tom tom
But the other ICE extras are definitely. App connect etc etc. Also we like the WLAN, and we have a sim in it
Over night heater - really neat but not sure how much we will use it, as we don't sleep in it. Easy to retro fit so you can always add it
Heat and electrical mirrors Yes
Heated seats (standard) but a big yes
MFSW - (standard) but a big yes
LED Headlifghts and wash and auto dip. Absolutely love them, but are they necessary??
Tow bar Yes
Metalic Yes
Sunroof, I like it , but its another £500
Power adjustable seat for drivers seat and lumber. For us well worth it as I am 6ft, mrs 5'3" (oh and i weigh nearly twice as much). We both drive it, so really good, with seat memory on the keys. Very good.
DSG really good, but the 6 speed box is also nice on a T6
Cruise which is adaptive. Expensive, but if you use cruise much, then it is much better
Blind spot - Well, what ever
Electric sliding rear doors (standard) We didn't even want them, but got them and they are great

Enjoy your build;);););)
Oh and dynamic chassis control: Only available on Vels and Calls at the moment I think. And to be honest I don't really have anything to compare it against, but the suspension is awsome.

One point irks me on a £50k vehicle why no keyless entry? In :(fact when you go Exec there's a lot of stuff missing you'd find on a similar priced car.......
My swift has keyless entry and that cost me around 8 k second hand, in fact it has loads of stuff on it which I know I will not get on the T6

Oh and dynamic chassis control: Only available on Vels and Calls at the moment I think. And to be honest I don't really have anything to compare it against, but the suspension is awsome.
DCC is brilliant, changes the handling big time, when I'm driving alone DSG and DCC into sport mode is soooo much fun!

The dust seals should be standard but the extra £30 is well worth it !!!

Yep, totally agree. I really would like the Jaguar style wrist band as well; but the lack of keyless really is a big mistake. Surely it a simple bolt on module of a passat. No real R&D costs.
The auto folding mirrors is a strange omission, which I honestly don't miss. But the lack of keyless entry/ ignition/start is blood stupid on £50k vehicles. And could well switch somebody to a Merc V class. Once you've had it, it is a must have; particularly the kind of vehicle a Vel is. Big handfulls of stuff and kids etc, and you are looking for a key in your pocket in 2017, really????:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Keyless is PITA if you are camping in your vehicle because you can't lock it. Drove us mad on the Touareg devised all sorts of things to stop it working.

Keyless is PITA if you are camping in your vehicle because you can't lock it. Drove us mad on the Touareg devised all sorts of things to stop it working.
Not sure what you mean. I have keyless on a car. You have to lock it by pressing the button; but when you come back you just touch the door handle and it auto unlocks. Also you can demobilise it in the menu. You can also start it with the keys still in your pocket. But you have to use the key button to lock it. Was the touareg different??

Back