Help with spec?

That is AWESOME! Which track is that?

I did Bedford West in my M135i last year - an Aventador SV turned up (like that one but red) and failed the noise test so he had to rent an Atom! He was actually a very handy driver. I lived it but definitely need a lot more practise (the lap record for the M135i is almost 10s quicker than my best lap...DOH!!).

That's at silverstone, here is the in car of first lap before I break the car...

Here is the fleet...
With any luck I'll replace the T5.1 with a T6 some time next year, If I can get this damn spec sorted out - at least when buying used someone else has made your mind up for you :)

That's at silverstone, here is the in car of first lap before I break the car...

Here is the fleet...

With any luck I'll replace the T5.1 with a T6 some time next year, If I can get this damn spec sorted out - at least when buying used someone else has made your mind up for you :)
Blimey, the Lambo is yours too?! Nice fleet there! Good driving too. How broken did the car get?! TBH you might actually want 204 4motion towing a 1500kg (although I assume it's lightened or maybe a CSL?) car plus trailer. IMO FWD isn't great for towing heavy loads.

Mine is a wee bit more modest but we're happy with the trio...

83ac25d1248669672a3a4654978c61d2-large.jpg

Last edited:
I towed a similar load with my 140ps T5 and it coped really well tbh!

I don't have to tow it all that often as the car is looked after for me, just nice to have the ability to do so...

Power latching a must, especially if you go for the tailgate. Heated seats again a must in the winter,as the heater takes 15-20 mins before its really going. Lights, hmmmm...... Yes the standard are pants, I mean utterly pants. But £1200 for Leds? Hmmm. well it's your money. £25 for some Phillips something or other sorted that out. I'm sure the Led's are better ( they better be for that kind of money) but mine are now perfectly fine and I do a lot of night driving.

Forgive me for being a bit slow, but what does the power latching do and why is it a must?

I have a tailgate without right now, so how will I behave differently with power latching?

Our sliding and rear door have power latching.
They make a funny "eyyoorr" noise as they shut.
I can't say I find it an essential feature!

Forgive me for being a bit slow, but what does the power latching do and why is it a must?

I have a tailgate without right now, so how will I behave differently with power latching?

Right, you know when you slam the tailgate shut......and then have to do it again? Well it does the last little bit for you without having to break your back again and again, and again. Same for the sliding doors. Basically you will swear less.

Right, you know when you slam the tailgate shut......and then have to do it again? Well it does the last little bit for you without having to break your back again and again, and again. Same for the sliding doors. Basically you will swear less.
Swearing is quite fun though.
We did have an issue with our sliding door one occasionally not latching but it seems to have cured itself.

I had power latching on my last Range Rover and it was great (pointless) until the the passenger door stopped working and they had to strip the drivers and passengers seats etc out just it get access to the door card to open it up. Now I just close the doors myself, much easier.

I give the tailgate a gentle push and always think I need to push it harder but it always closes, so I don't see the need for the power latching on the rear, side doors maybe.

LEDs are really expensive, as is a VW van, but they work really well and look good too, sorry @Polzeylad , looks are important too for some of us.

The underseat storage is the same as the T5 bench seat.

The discover media works well for media, handsfree phone use etc, but the satnav is not the best, no auto zooming for junctions and apparently some find the lack of speed camera locations annoying, but you do get directions displayed on the MFD.

So its worth £1500 or whatever for LED headlights? Thats the one bit I'm stuck on.

That and sat nav vs. aftermarket!

If you drive at night yes, personally I won't by another vehicle without LED/Xeons.

Discover media is good though I don't often use the inbuilt nav as it's not that quick to program, the Apple car play nav is good though an worth.

Power latching, I could live without it but I'd order it again. Just saves the slamming.

Nice fleet you've got there though

LEDs are really expensive, as is a VW van, but they work really well and look good too, sorry @Polzeylad , looks are important too for some of us.

Just because I don't want 20" wheels and am not worried about spangly lights, doesn't mean I don't care what my van looks like. Luckily I think a Starlight Blue California (and Caravelle) looks bloody fantastic straight from the factory. As do the large number of people who have come up to me commenting on how nice it looks.

If anything the "scene" look is actually very off-putting in terms of approachability. Just a faint whiff of the middle aged yob about them.

Power latching defo
LED lights Yep!
Just tick as many as you can....

I disagree with the general sentiments about the Discover Nav (doesn't mean i'm right, if you can be right!)
I've had a caddy since 2011 with the RNS510 sat nav, travelling all over the country for work and it's as good as any other removable sat nav i've had.
We also have the Discover Nav in the golf and that works fine, just enter the postcode and off you go, about as simple to use as any other sat nav.

Not having the speed camera warnings can upset a few, but maybe you can upload them, i know you could on the RS6 i had several years ago, i've just not found the need for it since!

I've gone for LED'S as the stock lamps on the caddy are really poor, but as said above you can improve this with a different set of bulbs.

I wouldn't consider any option an must though, you just need to decide what you like on the your current fleet and add those options to the new addition.

So its worth £1500 or whatever for LED headlights? Thats the one bit I'm stuck on.

That and sat nav vs. aftermarket!
I have rear LEDs and standard lights on the front and my H4s work perfectly well. I would spend the extra on 4motion as that's the only extra I regret my van not having. It's just peace of mind to know it would help you out on muddy festival fields. This is the only thing missing from my van that would convince me to trade it in further down the line. As for media, I find the Composition media to be adequate in all of its functions. If you go Kmobi Highline, like me, then you do get a lot of extra bits anyway. But tbh it's all personal taste and what you bank budget is.

I have rear LEDs and standard lights on the front and my H4s work perfectly well. I would spend the extra on 4motion as that's the only extra I regret my van not having. It's just peace of mind to know it would help you out on muddy festival fields. This is the only thing missing from my van that would convince me to trade it in further down the line. As for media, I find the Composition media to be adequate in all of its functions. If you go Kmobi Highline, like me, then you do get a lot of extra bits anyway. But tbh it's all personal taste and what you bank budget is.

You will the find the limiting factor is your tyres first.

You will the find the limiting factor is your tyres first.

I disagree. We did some pretty extreme off roading in our road tyred Jimny and our last 4motion tackled some pretty severe mud/bumps with standard tyres.

For FWD to be useful in mud you need serious tyres which would be useless on road.

Back