Help! Body Roll

I've got my 18s waiting to go on, im waiting for thq to get the B14 solows in stock then its a ride over to thq to have them and the ARBs fitted. As you say its never gonna handle like a go kart but the kit I've just mentioned transforms the handling. Cant wait.

It will handle like a go kart trust me...you'll need new seats next to keep your ass in the seat

Having driven Van's all my working life. I went from standard to 30mm lowered on 18's and thought the transformation was out of this world. I cant wait to see the difference when I have B14's and Arb's fitted, now having had full clearance from the fiance director, it's time to make the call to @BognorMotors in the next few weeks;)

Having driven Van's all my working life. I went from standard to 30mm lowered on 18's and thought the transformation was out of this world. I cant wait to see the difference when I have B14's and Arb's fitted, now having had full clearance from the fiance director, it's time to make the call to @BognorMotors in the next few weeks;)

I was behind a T6 yesterday on a winding Cornwall road that wasn't lowered.

The difference was he had a hell of a job staying his side of the road on corners where I was doing so with ease and could have done at faster speed too on my Bognor fitted B14s and H&R ARBs :cool:

Chalk and Cheese explains it perfectly :thumbsup:

Which tyres you run can make a big difference to handling, also the tyre pressures. With a heavily laden campervan, it's worthwhile getting each axle weighed on a public weighbridge. I believe Continental is prepared to advise on appropriate pressures, given this information - though I haven't got round to asking them yet.

We run a full set up demo if you want a go

Hi BognorMotors
Do you do other mods as well? Looking for the following upgrade in one hit:

B14 and H&R ARB
18” rims/tyres (sportline or wolfrace black/polished) not sure yet?
Side bars (Can you offer the sportline LED side bars?)
Insulation throughout rear and Side curtains for Kombi windows (Sliding doors)

Van is 204 T32 Kombi in Starlight blue

Hi BognorMotors
Do you do other mods as well? Looking for the following upgrade in one hit:

B14 and H&R ARB
18” rims/tyres (sportline or wolfrace black/polished) not sure yet?
Side bars (Can you offer the sportline LED side bars?)
Insulation throughout rear and Side curtains for Kombi windows (Sliding doors)

Van is 204 T32 Kombi in Starlight blue

Hi steve

Yes we can do it all. Drop me a pm with your contact details and we can have a chat in the week?

And yes chalk and cheese with the ARBs and bilsteins. On our TSI, I can chuck it about as much as a car and it just grips and grips. I’ve run both Conti sport 6 and GY F1 and both are good, in 275/35/20 size.

Tyres wear quicker with B14’s, bear in mind, as they are working harder, but it’s worth it.

That was prob me drive at 2 mph around corners in Cornwall, I think it’s time to get mine sorted out but van is only less then a year old and worried about warranty.

I have just had a new T6.1 campervan with poptop etc. Does fitting arbs have a profound effect on body roll? Don't want to mess with suspension. Bit nervous shelling out £500 plus.

I have just had a new T6.1 campervan with poptop etc. Does fitting arbs have a profound effect on body roll? Don't want to mess with suspension. Bit nervous shelling out £500 plus.
Yes, big impact on handling and body roll. I fitted them to my T32, which has thicker ARBs.
I would go as far to say that they are the best value suspension upgrade.
You'll find the handling with them fitted much more neutral.

Absolutely! After conversion on standard factory suspension, the back end sagged and front end sat up. And the pop top weight increased roll.

A trip to Chris at @CRS Performance for Koni Active’s and H&R ARB’s sorted all of that out. The van sits level, doesn’t roll anymore, and is a lot more fun to drive. Money well spent in my view.

Back