Hello from the Netherlands

Walter

Signwriter
Hi all,
I'm new here.
I am Walter from the Dutch Amsterdam area.
Driving my 3th Transporter. A brandnew T6 highline DSG, LWB, full factor options in Mohave beige.

Running my own T6 page on Facebook: Volkswagen T6 fans

Cheers!

IMG_0058.JPG

Hi all,
I'm new here.
I am Walter from the Dutch Amsterdam area.
Driving my 3th Transporter. A brandnew T6 highline DSG, LWB, full factor options in Mohave beige.

Running my own T6 page on Facebook: Volkswagen T6 fans

Cheers!

View attachment 11713
Hi Walter, welcome to the forum
I am a member on your facebook have been for a while now, you certainly get around ! love all the pictures of your van and seeing what your parked next to on that day :thumbsup:

I’m new here but have read and enjoyed this forum for a while. My name is Huib, I’m Dutch and I live in the Netherlands. (And I’m sorry for all the language errors I will be making …..)

For as long as I can remember I wanted to own a VW Van of some sort and do my own camper conversion, but during my working life I never found the time. Now I’m retired - and have obviously no more such excuse! On the other hand the whole conversion process of a van may take too long in relation to my current age (nearly 71) meaning there might be too little time left to actually enjoy using it once it is finished.

So instead I recently purchased a 2017 Multivan 150HP DSG. A Multivan obviously involves less work as side-windows, flooring and wall cladding etc. are all there already!

I had a Reimo roof professionally installed and have since done all kinds of woodworking jobs and installation work of a prefab ‘kitchen’, a 2nd battery (with charger, relay and that sort of things). I modified the existing Webasto engine-heater controls so it can now also function as a cabin heater (works very well – despite many critical notes I found on the internet)!

Another major thing was the bed, sleeping on the folded Multivan seat is definitely not our thing – very uncomfortable!

The bed I made instead consists of a fixed part (with drawers) in the trunk with storage room (for chairs and a tent etc) underneath and two separate bed-boards.

These boards are made from 12 mm plywood (reinforced around the perimeter). Aluminum profiles are used to ‘connect’ the boards to the fixed part. Further support comes from a piece of wood fitted at the back of the forward-folded seat and there are foldable legs at the end. Rock solid! At daytime the boards are stored on top of the fixed part, behind the rear seat with foldable mattresses in top. Works very well and is easy to handle and provides a bed size of 154 cm wide and 190 cm long (this length is in my car limited by the kitchen location and size)

On the outside I went from H4 to H7 headlamps (I found driving around on dark roads with the H4’s really frightening – but the original LED’s for the van are far too expensive). The H7 lamps seem adequate. In addition I fitted a pair of front clear fog lights, wired through a seperate switch.

Next on the todo list is to work on the stereo: add an amplifier and put better speakers in, probably including the centre speaker.

Also I intend to buy a coding ‘tool’ and start learning how to use it.

B8F4E2BC-6C05-46AB-9A41-BC220C44CCE4.jpeg

00742DC7-A06E-413B-A0AD-24836B890381.jpeg

Very nice pal.
Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy the journey ahead.

Welcome. Look forward to seeing more pics of a different idea.

(PS Dont apologise about language errors. It's better than many native English speakers.)

Welcome @huib berger, great to have you here. Din’t apologise for any errors, I have seen far more in posts from folk who claim that English is their first language :laugh:.
Get out there and start enjoying that van.

Welcome,I love those storage bags on the sides :thumbsup: where did you get them please?

A winter thing, or are the Ghosts coming up for sale?

I am running them all the time now.I end up on all sorts of dirt roads on my surf trips and the RR were just not suitable,I still have them here but I haven't got round to putting them up for sale:thumbsup:

Welcome ! Nice van! Is the bulli badge as much of a thing in the Netherlands as it is in Germany?

Back