Storage idea

MarcoUK

T6 Pro
Hi all. I have in my T6.1 LWB a bench/bed from Ply Guys ( Schiehallion) and I'm waiting for the "kitchen" cabinet to arrive (Bruich Meadhan).

I am looking for a solution to store our two soft bags (clothes, towels etc) and shoes (usually 2 pair each of hicking boots, MTB shoes and normal trainers) opposite to the bench (passenger side).

Is getting a commercial rack a stupid idea? I could use the larger shelf for the bags and the angled shelf for the shoes.

Cheers

T6L2DBR500_750B_1.jpg

If it works for you why not. My only reservation would be re-sale appeal if you are not going to keep the van very long. That said I would think you could install without making permanent changes to the lining of the van.

I understand your point and I agree, as it is now, nothing in the van is permanently fixed and everything can be removed in 20 min. I have an outlet hook up that recharges a portable ecoflow unit, alpicoo fridge and domestic usb tab, so everything can be removed, and often the van is empty (it is my daily drive) if not camping. My understanding is that I will be able to attach the rack to the panel, and eventually in the far future I will replace the panel.

Last edited:
Hi all. I have in my T6.1 LWB a bench/bed from Ply Guys ( Schiehallion) and I'm waiting for the "kitchen" cabinet to arrive (Bruich Meadhan).

I am looking for a solution to store our two soft bags (clothes, towels etc) and shoes (usually 2 pair each of hicking boots, MTB shoes and normal trainers) opposite to the bench (passenger side).

Is getting a commercial rack a stupid idea? I could use the larger shelf for the bags and the angled shelf for the shoes.

Cheers

View attachment 201263
Looks like a good idea in my opinion. Sometimes simple is the best option.

I’m going to use these storage bags, they are semi rigid, but can fold down when not in use, you can pack/unpack them indoors and then place in van.
All you would need to do is build an upright rectangle unit just wide enough to snugly store a stack of 4, or 5 or 6 bags in the unit, held in by a strap or two.
Maybe have a removable shelf half way down, so making access to lower bags easier.
If all the bags and the shelf are removed, you could hang coats etc in said unit. (Multi use)
The top of unit could have a shallow storage area.
I’m doing something similar to this later in the month.C5A1CAED-4195-474B-812A-29FF354C1DCD.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m going to use these storage bags, they are semi rigid, but can fold down when not in use, you can pack/unpack them indoors and then place in van.
All you would need to do is build an upright rectangle unit just wide enough to snugly store a stack of 4, or 5 or 6 bags in the unit, held in by a strap or two.
Maybe have a removable shelf half way down, so making access to lower bags easier.
If all the bags and the shelf are removed, you could hang coats etc in said unit. (Multi use)
The top of unit could have a shallow storage area.
I’m doing something similar to this later in the month.
Great idea!

Did you go for it? I've got a Van Furniture L shape and Im thinking about the same thing....it all seems to go together much nicer when the bed is extended without a gap next to it

Back