Hello And Good.. Night? Friendly Hey Ho

T6 campers (LWB&SWB) - lowered sports or tall and sloshy?

• Total voters

TimT6

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hey to the t6 gang.

Never thought id own one.

Ever. But by goodness gracious, i love this velle. my old mans sportline is smoother on the engine front (204, dsg bitdi) but i like a sloshy ride, soaks dem bumps. who wants sports suspension on our roads... haha! - obviously apart from the smoother b-roads - not too mny of them, unfortunately.

My PD150 mk4 golf was a messed up pile of **** - i gave up and vowed never to buy another vw... (honestly, was a complete doi of a car. it just died. not one man on earth could figure out what it truly was. It was left to a main loom grounding issue and it was a state anyway. so i chucked in the towel. ish. its still sat there. Buy bits from me? aha)

well. that lasted nearly 3 years.

Want to ask - some wave, some dont. Is there a universal code or is it all seemingly awkward? :S - at least its simple in more unique older not so many type cars (thinks of old mini days.. ah joyous parking, terrible backache..)

Secondly, i have noticed some of my vents are broken in the rear (has uber fancy 3 zone climate.. mmm.. cold air everywhere.. so spoilt). being MY17, my understanding would be as the light/vent bars are not user servicable (the the flow vents behind the direction vents have come disconnected/or do they snap?) being still in warranty, is something that VW would sort out?) its something you would expect to last a little longer than a couple of years and less than 30k miles...

I have tried digging around for the second issue but im not getting anywhere :( - and i got the velle the day before lockdown. so.. yeah. Cant exactly get hold of anyone for a definitive answer as it always has to be looked at for warranty. same for any manufacturer
I also dont have LED lights like my dad.. (jeeps. they are great. @Pauly - i have you in my sights for a potential retrofit, if you may be so gracious to guide me/sell me some bits)

Anyway, i have a habit of writing disserations over how to eat an apple (not true.) so if you got to here without falling asleep, i congratulate you. remind me to give you a smiley sticker to say well done, haha! (sticker not included)

Hope to hear some comments :)

in the meantime.. enjoy having one less hour of sleep tonight (sunday tho, and current situation, unless you have kids, do you really need to get up? lol) and happy dubbing. also not overly possible atm. strange time we are currently in..

So hello, and goodnight

T

Hey to the t6 gang.

Never thought id own one.

Ever. But by goodness gracious, i love this velle. my old mans sportline is smoother on the engine front (204, dsg bitdi) but i like a sloshy ride, soaks dem bumps. who wants sports suspension on our roads... haha! - obviously apart from the smoother b-roads - not too mny of them, unfortunately.

My PD150 mk4 golf was a messed up pile of **** - i gave up and vowed never to buy another vw... (honestly, was a complete doi of a car. it just died. not one man on earth could figure out what it truly was. It was left to a main loom grounding issue and it was a state anyway. so i chucked in the towel. ish. its still sat there. Buy bits from me? aha)

well. that lasted nearly 3 years.

Want to ask - some wave, some dont. Is there a universal code or is it all seemingly awkward? :S - at least its simple in more unique older not so many type cars (thinks of old mini days.. ah joyous parking, terrible backache..)

Secondly, i have noticed some of my vents are broken in the rear (has uber fancy 3 zone climate.. mmm.. cold air everywhere.. so spoilt). being MY17, my understanding would be as the light/vent bars are not user servicable (the the flow vents behind the direction vents have come disconnected/or do they snap?) being still in warranty, is something that VW would sort out?) its something you would expect to last a little longer than a couple of years and less than 30k miles...

I have tried digging around for the second issue but im not getting anywhere :( - and i got the velle the day before lockdown. so.. yeah. Cant exactly get hold of anyone for a definitive answer as it always has to be looked at for warranty. same for any manufacturer
I also dont have LED lights like my dad.. (jeeps. they are great. @Pauly - i have you in my sights for a potential retrofit, if you may be so gracious to guide me/sell me some bits)

Anyway, i have a habit of writing disserations over how to eat an apple (not true.) so if you got to here without falling asleep, i congratulate you. remind me to give you a smiley sticker to say well done, haha! (sticker not included)

Hope to hear some comments :)

in the meantime.. enjoy having one less hour of sleep tonight (sunday tho, and current situation, unless you have kids, do you really need to get up? lol) and happy dubbing. also not overly possible atm. strange time we are currently in..

So hello, and goodnight

T

Firstly there's nothing wrong with writing essays on here, I do it all the time whilst answering the most simple of questions. I find it therapeutic and it keeps you brain active, a bit like the old Professor Layton games I used to spend hours playing on my DS ;)

The wave thing is a personal choice, some do and some don't. There is a whole thread on the Transporter wave in here somewhere, and it pretty much concludes that you are a true Transporter fan if you wave, and a miserable sod if you don't. Either that or the sun was in your eyes and you just didn't see the other person wave. (T4 guys seem to be the most enthusiastic)

The vent question I cannot answer because I don't own a posh version of a T6.

As for retro-fitting LEDs and warranty, i've seen 100's fit LED headlights, be that genuine or aftermarket, and not once read an issue with warranty, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Lastly your suspension conclusion. We all would prefer as you put it, a 'sloshy' ride, but many of us are way too vane and would sooner visit the dentist on a regular basis to have fillings put back in, followed by a trip to the Chiropractor to tweak our spines, all whilst looking cool in our lowered vans:whistle:

Welcome to the forum, and don't forget to pop up some pictures of your Velle. We love pictures.

Ah, professor Layton.. those days I was needing out on gran turismo 5, guitar hero and command and conquer 3. Never owned a nintendo product.. apart from a GBA - but most nineties kids have had one at some point or another, aha - want a cube tho.. haven't bought one because most people abuse consoles and the maintenance is not kept up and they often die.

I've come to the conclusion that if theres a ladder on the top, I dont wave, coz they dont. Maybe miserable. Who knows.
I get it with older vehicles coz that what happened in minis. Great community. As they get older it becomes an affair that even a partner can get jealous over. Haha! So I always wave to t4s, even the ones with ladders.. coz they do. :D - the sun is the motorists mortal enemy.. when its low. Dawn/dusk driving is heinous

Regarding vents, i have found some thin slithers on cali that there was some bad batches around the my17 point.. yay!! Ish. Not really but you get my drift :p .. I'll be prodding the dealer when we are allowed out.

Surely your vanity points are best spent on yourself! The are diminished while you hunchback into the chiropractor and lie half naked while you are beaten up gently.. haha!

I get it though at the same time. The slant looks good.

Pics of me old mans van (will be a camper before long... I am impressed with the smoothness of the engine, as I said) and my red boat velle.

Oh, and when I say the golf lasted three years - I mean how long it took to find the problem. It drove for 9 months. And tried to kill me. 4 times. By turning itself off as I was going down the road. Thank god for seatbelts.........

20200329_154422.jpg 20200329_154100.jpg

Back