Let’s talk Remaps…. Who’s good near london / Berkshire?

F6T6

Hey guys.

Hope you are all gravy. I’m looking to get my 2017 T6 2.0 bi tdi 204BHP (I think that’s rite) remapped.

I’m after fuel economy when driving chilled, but also want some more grunt than I have already when I want to drive more spiritedly on those straights! To be honest the power is more of the reason, the economy part is just a coverup story to my lady when she asks me why im going back to yet another garage haha!

Please do let me know your advice (and if you even think it’s worth it).. I’ve got 20” wheels on there too with a brand new set of Goodyears…

Thanks! And peace out! ✌️

Hey guys.

Hope you are all gravy. I’m looking to get my 2017 T6 2.0 bi tdi 204BHP (I think that’s rite) remapped.

I’m after fuel economy when driving chilled, but also want some more grunt than I have already when I want to drive more spiritedly on those straights! To be honest the power is more of the reason, the economy part is just a coverup story to my lady when she asks me why im going back to yet another garage haha!

Please do let me know your advice (and if you even think it’s worth it).. I’ve got 20” wheels on there too with a brand new set of Goodyears…

Thanks! And peace out! ✌️
Have a look at these two threads for who’s used who.
And I think yours will be 204PS, as opposed to HP (the value being nigh on the same).

I had a Revo remap on my 204 last year, when they had a deal on.
It was done by Quattro Tech, near to Duxford/M11.
I've not noticed much difference in economy tbh, but the performance is pretty mad.
I've driven vans all my life and thought the 204 was pretty quick anyway, but with the map its really quick.

I had a Revo remap on my 204 last year, when they had a deal on.
It was done by Quattro Tech, near to Duxford/M11.
I've not noticed much difference in economy tbh, but the performance is pretty mad.
I've driven vans all my life and thought the 204 was pretty quick anyway, but with the map its really quick.
+1 for Revo then =]

I noticed a marginal improvement on fuel economy after I had my 150ps remapped, probably about 1 maybe 2 mpg improvement.

I did the sums and worked out the payback was around 2-3 years :) . Clearly I used that as justification to convince my wife that it made sense! In reality you will not see much improvement on mpg but after we had it remapped my wife said we should have done it sooner because it made the van nicer to drive.

I have been very happy with the revo 204 combined with a dsg remap, the latter actually being more important in my mind.

My fuel consumption improved very slightly post-remap. Much much better to drive

The Revo map really bring the engine alive (those that have had it done will understand what I mean). Its not underpowered at all in the first place, but with the map just increases the power right across the rev range, making the van easier and more fun to drive. The map is so OEM in its delivery it actually feels like you've dropped half a ton of weight than added power - The Revo map is so smooth. We always quote like for like fuel economy, however most customers see a small improvement. If you are DSG then I would also recommend the TVS tune as well, which transforms the gearbox and the way it behaves. Again lots of people on the forum to reinforce this fact, who have had it done.

Always happy to have a chat if you want to send your details across @F6T6

Both of these maps are available on our drive in drive out service, and we can guarantee you will enjoy the drive back more than the drive down ;-)

Can someone explain (beyond “beancounters rule”) why VW don’t map engines and DSG accordingly before they leave the factory?

Can someone explain (beyond “beancounters rule”) why VW don’t map engines and DSG accordingly before they leave the factory?
Would love to know the answer to this. Had always assumed it was something to do with passing emissions rules and getting the engine to perform Vs specific conditions which don't really happen in the real world.

The simple answer is emissions and warranty. A remap, in all instances where a turbo is involved, will increase the turbo pressure and correct the fuelling and timing. So VW have no interest in adding any additional stresses whilst it's under warranty - they effectively detune to maximise reliability.

If you have remapped your van, then it's probably worth having a slightly more regular servicing.

For example, I used to have a BMW 123d, which is a 2L twin-turbo diesel engine. From factory it had 204bhp, but with a remap and removal of the DPF it had 270bhp. I currently have an m235i, which has 326bhp from factory, but with a bigger intercooler, a sports CAT and a remap took it to 420bhp.

Neither of these have been any less reliable after the remap.. but if you use the additional performance then it will put more stress on the turbo, engine bottom end, dpf and clutch/gearbox.

Back