New T6.1 collection tomorrow :)

Hey guys I hope you are all well!?!

I'm quite excited about collecting my T6.1 from VW tomorrow afternoon, but also a little sorry to see my Blackberry T5 going in for a trade in. They gave me a stunning price and I have some great memories in that van, but hey I guess it's take to start making some new ones.

So T6.1 Kombi T32 with a 3x3 seat combo with DSG I didn't mess about with the T5 with "upgrades" but since this is a new toy I'm going to have a play with a few things.

Any advise is welcomed but i'm looking at the following:

EIBACH 30mm springs
TVS DSG Drivability mod
Possibly a remap (depending on my warranty concerns)
18" Cell (Bronze) alloy's with BFG tyres

I wondered about storage in the back of the van as my T5 had custom shelves over the arches.. is there a better solution?

Regards

Sam

Sounds lovely mate !

IMHO I wouldn't bother with lowering springs as although it will make the van sit better it will still crash alittle over bumps as the shocks are still standard and you will have lost some of their travel by lowering it. I would recommend swopping out suspension entirely for something rated to a T32 and you will also be able to adjust the arch gaps better aswell at same time.

Also with a remap don't forget this will invalidate your warranty - I am going to get mine done when it's out of warranty in 2 years but don't want to run the risk beforehand just incase the engine develops a fault as it runs in..

Sounds lovely mate !

IMHO I wouldn't bother with lowering springs as although it will make the van sit better it will still crash alittle over bumps as the shocks are still standard and you will have lost some of their travel by lowering it. I would recommend swopping out suspension entirely for something rated to a T32 and you will also be able to adjust the arch gaps better aswell at same time.

Also with a remap don't forget this will invalidate your warranty - I am going to get mine done when it's out of warranty in 2 years but don't want to run the risk beforehand just incase the engine develops a fault as it runs in..
I think thats sound advise - Thank you! The reason for dropping it a tiny bit is to allow the new wheels to sit better in the arches. Having said that what suspension would you suggest that would be under the warranty hat.

I'd have to defer to people with better knowledge than me on the subject of suspension - I don't think any after market suspension would be able to still be under warranty. Alot of people on here recommend suspension at @CRS Performance, @BognorMotors or @The Van Cave depending on your location..

Hey guys I hope you are all well!?!

I'm quite excited about collecting my T6.1 from VW tomorrow afternoon, but also a little sorry to see my Blackberry T5 going in for a trade in. They gave me a stunning price and I have some great memories in that van, but hey I guess it's take to start making some new ones.

So T6.1 Kombi T32 with a 3x3 seat combo with DSG I didn't mess about with the T5 with "upgrades" but since this is a new toy I'm going to have a play with a few things.

Any advise is welcomed but i'm looking at the following:

EIBACH 30mm springs
TVS DSG Drivability mod
Possibly a remap (depending on my warranty concerns)
18" Cell (Bronze) alloy's with BFG tyres

I wondered about storage in the back of the van as my T5 had custom shelves over the arches.. is there a better solution?

Regards

Sam
Hi Sam

Exciting times ahead

We can help on your complete list, being a REVO, TVS, Supermetal and suspension dealers for the best suspension kits available on the market - So will be able to help and advise as required for all of your requirements. For suspension warranty with VW, then Eibach springs or coilovers are the best solutions, although every kit we fit comes with its own stand alone warranty.

A chat on the phone is normally the best way forward - We also offer demo vehicle for suspicion so you can try before you buy.

Any questions please do not hesitate in asking

Oli

Hi Guys. I get my kombi next Tuesday. I think I can do the sound proofing but need someone to do the carpet Lineing. I’m in East Sussex. Any recommendations would be good

Hi Guys. I get my kombi next Tuesday. I think I can do the sound proofing but need someone to do the carpet Lineing. I’m in East Sussex. Any recommendations would be good
We are West Sussex so not far at all and would love to quote for you.

Oli

Back