Mandy the Candy White Kombi

nomislotsirb

VIP Member
T6 Guru
After being a lurker on this forum for 5+ years, we finally collected a 2018 T32 150PS Highline DSG Kombi on Saturday.

The consensus, from the wife and children was that it needed a name, and being Candy White, Mandy was soon chosen. I'm hoping Barry Manilow is correct and the lyrics "you came and you gave without taking" stand true, but at the moment the bank balance suggests otherwise.

For the last 15 years I've had a Passat estate. I think having had a car of this age has put me in the fortunate position that what others may perceive as issues I've not really noticed. I think even the H4 lights are probably on a par with the Passat, although I have secured some H7s from @R8N XX.

I've only got the basic Composition radio, and I had anticipated wanting to replace this, although I now find using the phone, and still having the voice directions through the stereo more than satisfactory.

I called in on Chris at The Van Cave today which was most fruitful. He clearly know his stuff and not upselling just for the sale. The van will be used for work during the weekend and then for outdoor activities/camping at weekends, so seeing the set-up in Chris's own van was most beneficial.

We've had a couple of trips booked already this year, but at the mere suggestion of a nice site to my wife, I'm finding she's booked it within 5 minutes, to the point she almost booked tow sites for the same weekend.

Now, would it be rude of me to ask a couple of questions - I have trawled through the forum for answers ...
  1. My phone (iPhone) is crammed with contacts, over 3000, a significant majority being for work. A significant number of these contacts may have more than one phone number. It appears the media system can import 2000, so I only have contacts up to H. Is there a way to import only one specific group of contacts?
  2. I supposedly have the option 'KK1 Climatic cab air conditioning system (semi-automatic) with manually controlled passenger/load compartment heating system'. How can I tell? There doesn't appear to be any obvious vents around the second row of seats.
  3. Is there anything better than the Osram Nightbreakers for the H7s? I gather replacing bulbs involves loosing a significant amount of skin so I'm planning on swapping before installing.
  4. Can seat covers be used with the heated seats. The manual implies not, but I can't understand why. My daughter is a fan of a warm behind following swim training but I'm not so keen on potentially wet seats and chlorine. I'm thinking of going for the Stitches & Steel Seat covers, but any other recommendations welcomed.
  5. I can't find the sticker inside the door denoting tyre inflation pressures for a T32 on 17” Devonports. Can anyone enlighten me.
  6. Does the Highline have automatic windscreen wipers? I was under the impression not, but I'm sure they started on their own accord in rain today.
Please find a token photo at the dealership for the time-being - I promise I will add more in future.

xxl_kfz1625899_75ccd7b8-56ad-4f85-816b-5040d44e5f0e_1635868331585.jpeg

Congratulations on your long term stalker lurker reign! Congrats also on your purchase. Seat covers over heated seats should be fine

1. Does the Highline have automatic windscreen wipers? I was under the impression not, but I'm sure they started on their own accord in rain today.
Yes.

Can't help with the rest, although I put Philips 150 Pro (?) on as they were the highest rated bulbs with standard lifetime I could find. Definitely swap before fitting.

Welcome

i can do the headlight mod for you.
I bought led bulbs off eBay. Fantastic id say
Ron

Welcome

i can do the headlight mod for you.
I bought led bulbs off eBay. Fantastic id say
Ron
Also likely yo dazzle oncoming traffic as the scatter pattern is wrong as the refelectors in the lights are not designed for them. The bulbs will alsi be marked not for toad use and are illegal therefore MOT fail.

Many thanks for comments so far. Seat covers from Stiches+Steel on way. Please ignore question no. 4 above. I've since found tyre pressures.

Some photos taken today. 300 miles driven in 5 days since collection means already needing a clean. Fortunately, on my travels I've collected some snow foam and lance. Other purchases so far include LED replacement bulbs for interior and also dash trim and door seals. Perhaps less exciting but a set of small ladders that can live in boot for accessing roof bars.

5A3E7A96-91BD-4E08-B78C-08D43F7CA4E3_1_201_a.jpegEA32BBDC-4EE5-44A1-AA5E-BAD1D599BFE6_1_201_a.jpegtempImage0d9DG8.pngtempImager4DZjF.png

Back