Heavy sliding door rubbing on paintwork

Phil_Cool

Hi All, looking for advise. My Converted 2016 T6 Highline has an issue with the bottom sliding door mechanism just starting to touch the paintwork underneath the runner. With the van only 4 year old, owned and cared for since day one by myself.

I’m guessing with the added weight in the door (a window, insulation etc) it’s loading the rollers more. Is there a difference in the brackets for a California or a kombi which makes them more rigid?Does anyone have recommendations on any adjustment? Has anyone replaced the mechanism & where did you buy the replacement part?

thank you in advance for your help

This post may help with a resolution:

Oh and welcome to the forum.

Hi, Thanks for the link. It’s more the bottom bracket than the middle runner. I’ll try and up load a pic

The pin in the bottom of this bracket has started touching when the runner begins the curve in towards the van. Looking at the bracket it does look to have dropped forward. I wonder whether the 2 upper rollers on this bracket have worn.

3B84635D-E135-4A75-B30C-334084C7A75B.jpeg

The pin in the bottom of this bracket has started touching when the runner begins the curve in towards the van. Looking at the bracket it does look to have dropped forward. I wonder whether the 2 upper rollers on this bracket have worn.

View attachment 78339
Hello I have the same problem, changed the lower roller, didn`t fix it. I checked the tread from the previous post, but couldn`t find my problem. any advice how to sort it out. thank you :)

Back